literary, music and art institutions of Chhattisgarh

literary, music and art institutions of Chhattisgarh

Indira Arts and Music University, Khairagarh

Indira Arts and Music University, Khairagarh, was established in 1956. IKSW is an active member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Any student or scholar from any part of the world can come and stay in the University campus for study or research. The oldest & priceless classical recitals are kept in the Listening Room of the University with utmost care. Students & Scholars of Music, Musicians, Musicologists, Art Critics and Music Promoters make their presence in the campus to acquit the latest and the best in Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Visual Arts and Literature. The objectives of the University are to provide instructions in all branches of Music and Fine Arts, to make provisions for research and advancement of studies in Music and Fine Arts and dissemination of knowledge thereof.

Mahant Ghasidas Memorial Museum, Raipur 

In 1875, the first of Chhattisgarh and one of the first ten museums of the country started with the donation of  Mahant Ghasidas  of  Rajnandgaon. The Raipur Museum was initially run by the Municipality and the District Council. This museum was first established in the octagonal building east of the present ministry premises.

After 1945 special efforts were made to preserve and develop this museum. Adopting the tradition of its ancestors, Rani Jyoti Devi of  Rajnandgaon and her son Raja Digvijay Das paid Rs 1 lakh to build a new museum building. As a result, after the creation of the present museum building (Ajayb Bangla) in front of the Collectorate, on 21 March 1953, the first President of the Republic of India, Dr. The museum building was inaugurated by Dr. Rajendra Prasad. Mahant Ghasidas Memorial Museum, Raipur is famous not only for Chhattisgarh but also for its antiquity and antiquity throughout the country. In this multi-faceted museum, there are various types of materials related to tribal culture, spiced animal-birds and craft works of modern period, besides prehistoric stone tools, ancient statues, records, copper plates and coins received from Chhattisgarh and other areas.

A geo-climatic craftsmanship has been developed for the workshop, training and display in the premises. After the formation of the state, the museum complex is highly developed by the form of a culture building. Entry gallery, Sirpur gallery and inscription gallery is installed in the base of the museum. In the first floor there is a nature gallery, arms gallery, painting gallery and tribal culture gallery in the second floor.  The museum houses various statues of stone statues, metal statues, copper sheets, records, coins and modern periods. Among the rare antiquities, the recorded wooden pillar of second century BC, from Kirari and Manjushree of Sirpur and other bronze statues are notable. Among other residues, the important names of Nalvanshi and Sharbhupri rulers have been marked by coins, coins of various damaged mudras and copper carts of the Kalchuriyen kings and records, Sirpur and Sisdeori.

Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya

Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya is a Central University located in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, India.It is one of the largest and oldest institution of higher education of Chhattisgarh. Established under Central Universities Act 2009, No. 25 of 2009. Formerly known as Guru Ghasidas University (GGU), established by an Act of the State Legislative Assembly, was formally inaugurated on June 16, 1983. GGV is an active member of the Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.

The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited the University as B+ . Situated in a socially and economically challenged area, the university is appropriately named to honor the great Satnami Saint Guru Ghasidas (born in the 17th century), who championed the cause of the downtrodden and waged a relentless struggle against all forms of social evils and injustice prevailing in the society. It was named after Guru Ghasidas, the founder of the Satnami movement in the region. The jurisdiction of the university is spread across the Bilaspur Revenue Division. It covers almost the entire spectrum of the higher education requirements of the local people. It has several University Teaching Department (UTDs) on its campuses.

 

Pachrahi Museum, Kabirdham 

Archaeological site of Pachrahi district headquarter Kabirdham, about 45 km from Vikaskhand bordla. At the distance of the Hap is situated on the right bank of the river. Under the Directorate, Culture and Archeology, Raipur (2007 to 2011), excavation of Pacharahi, rich in cultures and festivals of Kaluchuri and Phaning Dynasty, has been completed. A site museum has been established by the Directorate of Culture and Archeology on the site of the Purshartha, with the purpose of making public and general researchers, historians, archaeologists and tourists aware of the antiquities and compiled ancient religions in excavation. These available antiquities, statues have been displayed in various books.

CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:- [carousel-horizontal-posts-content-slider]

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of