In Fissure volcanic eruptions, the Lava comes out to the surface through the cracks of the rock strata and hence the fissure eruptions are not much explosive. The fissure eruptions are smooth and the Lava spreads to a larger area, so they form landscapes such as plateaus. The major component of volcano are basalt. Basalt is highly fluid in nature.
- Example: Deccan traps (peninsular India), Snake Basin, U.S.A, Icelandic Shield, Canadian Shield etc..
- CGPCS Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam 2020 - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims 2020 Notes