The group comprised of
- Vetala Bhatta
- Kalidasa was a famous Sanskrit writer and poet in the court of Chandragupta II (Vikramaditya).
- Kalidasa was the author of three famous plays.
- Abhijnanasakuntalam :tells the story of King Dushyanta and Shakuntala
- Malavikagnimitramtells the story love of King Agnimitra with Malavika
- Vikramorvasiyamtells the love story of King Pururavas and celestial fairy Urvashi
- Kalidasa was also the author of two famous Sanskrit epic poems:
- Raghuvamsa (“Raghu Dynasty “) and
- Vetala Bhatta was a Brahmin in the court of Vikramaditya.
- He is known for his contribution of “Nitipradipa “.
- Varahamihira was an Indian astronomer, astrologer and mathematician of Gupta era.
- He is famously known for his great work Pancha Siddhantika,a book on mathematical astronomy.
- His other important contribution to the Indian Sanskrit literature is the Brihat-Samhita, an encyclopedia of astrology and other subjects of human interest.
- Vararuci was one of the nine Gems in the court of Chandragupta II of Gupta era.
- Amarasimha was one of the nine Gems in the court of Vikramaditya of Gupta era.
- He is notably known for his famous Sanskrit thesaurus Amarakosha.
- It is also known as Namalinganushasana.
- Dhanvantari is regarded as one of the worlds first surgeons and medical practitioner from Gupta era.
- He is considered as the origin exponent of Ayurveda.
- He is also worshipped as the God of Medicine.
- Sushruta, the author of famous Sushruta Samhita was the student of Dhanvantari.
- He is also credited for the discovery of the antiseptic properties of turmeric and the preservative properties of salt.
- Dhanvantri is considered to be the pioneer of modern plastic surgery.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-