- 6000 km of fiber optic cables being laid: raman
- Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday said that 6,000 kilometres of fiber cable network is being laid to uplink 10,000 gram panchayats via BharatNet project in the State.
- Fifty lakh Smart phones will be distributed to women, farmers and college students under the Sky Project.
- Citizens can take advantage of various social welfare schemes of the State Government through Smart phones. The farmers can avail of the information regarding market rates and weather reports.
- India Signs Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore
- India has signed the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore. This is the first MRA being signed by India with any of our FTA partners.
- In a major gain for India, Singapore agreed to expand coverage of Indian nursing institutions by recognising seven nursing institutions in the MRA.
- This has paved way for our healthcare service providers to institutionally access markets abroad.
- It will further open up doors for India to enter into similar mutual recognition arrangements with other countries.
- India and Singapore concluded the 2ndReview of India Singapore CECA which was officially announced by both sides today during Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s State visit to Singapore.
- Committee constituted under to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- The Government of India has decided to commemorate 150thBirth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- A National Committee (NC) under the Chairmanship of the President of India has been constituted for this purpose and the first meeting of the National Committee was held on 2ndMay 2018 in New Delhi.
- As decided in the meeting, an Executive Committee (EC) under the Chairpersonship of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has been constituted comprising of Senior Ministers in the Cabinet, Leader of opposition (Rajya Sabha), Renowned Gandhians, Social Activists and noted public figures.
· Ganga Survey By Geographic information system (GIS)
ð In 15 months time, Survey of India, the country’s principal mapping agency, will map the entire stretch of the Ganga using geographic information system (GIS) technology and provide high-resolution maps to the government.
ð It will help river cleaning authorities in getting minute details of sewage and effluent discharge outlets and identify pollution hot-spots up to 10 km on both sides of the river.
ð Since the project will map sewage outlets and other discharges from all units (industrial, commercial and others) from the source to the public drainage network, it will help in monitoring of polluting sources and quicken the process of taking appropriate action.
· HRD Ministry notifies 75 National Resource Centres
ð The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the MOOCs (Massive online open course) platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres have been identified which are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
ð Under this initiative, all in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority will have an enabling opportunity to keep abreast of the latest developments in their disciplines through the technology based online refresher course.
ð HRD Ministry Launches Initiatives for Online Professional Development Using SWAYAM
ð Human Resource Development Ministry launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the Massive Open Online Courses platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) have been identified.
ð National Resource Centres are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on new and emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.