- Creda To Install Solar-Based Water Purification Systems
- Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Authority (CREDA) will be installing solar photo voltaic water purification system in various locations of the State.
- Notably, Chhattisgarh will procure additional power from renewable energy sources to the tune of approximately 700 MW by FY 2018.
- With this the average power purchase cost for Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Ltd (CSPDCL) based on the above power availability will increase from Rs 2.58 /kWh in FY 2015-16 to Rs 3.12 /kWh in FY 2018, the officials further informed.
- The rates have been derived based on cost of power at existing rates and considering no escalation in power purchase cost since it is passing through for the distribution company.
- Notably, CREDA has invested Rs 400 crores during last 11 years in developing infrastructure for solar power generation which had resulted in 40 MW of electricity being generated from non conventional energy sources.
- The agency will be installing a total of 10,000 submersible and surface solar photo voltaic (SPV) irrigation pumps in farm lands soon across the State.
- The SPV Pumps shall be provided with lightening and over voltage protection. The principal aim in this protection is to reduce the over voltage to a tolerable value before it reaches the PV or other sub-systems components. The source of over voltage can be lightening or any other atmospheric disturbance, officials informed.
- Notably, the State government has already commenced preparation for setting up 51,000 solar powered irrigation pumps in a span of two-and-half-years in the State.
- The government had set the target of setting up 11,000 solar pumps in the current financial year till March 2017 and the rest during the next two years.
- Notably, Chhattisgarh government is also planning to add 2640 MW of additional renewable energy capacity by financial year 2018-19, officials informed.
- The State currently has total renewable energy potential of 4,500 MW which includes solar (grid connected and roof top), wind, biomass and small hydro.
- The State has also planned to install solar powered pump sets for agriculture consumers which will benefit 16,000 consumers.
· Bangladesh Signs Gas Oil Deal with India
- Bangladesh signed long-term sales and purchase agreement with an Indian refinerto import gas oil to meet the country’s energy demand.
- The deal between Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) and Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) was signed in presence of India’s external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj, who arrived in Dhaka recently on a two-day visit to discuss bilateral issues.
· United Nations Day is observed on 24th October
- United Nations Dayis observed globally on 24 October.
- It marks the 72nd anniversary of the UN Charter’s entry into force and celebrates everything that the UN represents and has achieved since its establishment in 1945.
- All the member states of the United Nations contribute finances to its operation to help further its goals.
· Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best FIFA Men’s Player
- Ronaldo presented the award at The Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony in London, UK.
- The award, which covers the period of November 2016 to July 2017, is voted by national team coaches, captains, selected media and fans.
Other awards are
- Netherlands’ Lieke Martens won The Best FIFA Women’s Player award.
- Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud won the Puskas Award for the year’s best goal after his acrobatic scorpion kick.
- The Fair Play Award went to Slovakia’s Francis Kone, who saved the life of Martin Berkovec during a Czech First League game.
- Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane was named the Best FIFA Men’s Coach.
- Juventus’ Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was named the best goalkeeper of the year.
· Afghan President Ashraf Ghani arrives in India
- Afghanistan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghaniarrived in New Delhi this morning on one day visit to India.
- He will meet with President Ram Nath Kovind and have delegation-level talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Both sides will review the entire gamut of multifaceted bilateral strategic partnership. The two countries will discuss the efforts to combat the menace of terrorism. They will also hold consultations and coordinate on furthering the shared objective of promoting peace, security, stability, and prosperity in Afghanistan.
· SBI launches ‘2nd SBI Digital Hackathon’ Digitize For Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI) launched the second edition of its Hackathon. This hackathon has been named ‘Digitize For Bank’.
- The main focus is on four ‘Cognitive’ themes namely Facial Recognition, Signature Recognition, Voice based Authentication and Cheque Truncation Value Enhancers.
- The winners will get an opportunity for incubation and acceleration with SBI.
· Rakesh Asthana appointed CBI special director
- Gujarat-cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana has been appointed the special director of the CBI.
- Asthana, a 1984-batch IPS officer, had been serving in the Central Bureau of Investigation as additional director.
- Gurbachan Singh has been appointed as Special Director of Intelligence Bureau (IB).
- Deepak Kumar Mishra and Sudeep Lakhtakia have been promoted as Special DG in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Rajesh Ranjan and AP Maheshwari have been promoted to the ranks of Special DG in the Border Security Force (BSF)
· BHEL starts execution of 4,000 megawatt Yadadri plant in Telangana
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) announced that it has commenced execution of Yadadri supercritical thermal power project ordered by the Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited (TSGENCO).
- The project is located at Damaracherla in Nalgonda district of Telangana and is valued at approximately Rs 20,400 crore.
- It is the single largest order for BHELso far and is also the highest value order ever placed in the power sector in India.
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes