- Cm Launches New Online Services For Subsidies & Exemptions
- Chief Minister Raman Singh launched the new online services for subsidies and exemptions provided by the Department of Commerce & Industries.
- The State Government has been a flag bearer in utilizing digital technology in bringing transparency and improving the efficiencies of the existing systems. Chhattisgarh had adopted e-procurement in the year 2007. Chhattisgarh has been consistently ranked 4th in Ease of Doing Business for the past two consecutive years, an official press release informed.
- The MoU Signing and Workshop on Government e-Marketplace (GeM) was held in Raipur.
- Chhattisgarh government has also been a strong proponent of Digital India and Make in India. In line with this Chhattisgarh has on boarded with Government e-Marketplace and became the 15th state to do so, it informed.
- This initiative strengthens Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of Make in India and Digital India which aims at strengthening e-governance, boosts domestic industries, enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. GeM provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money. It will also enable development of local MSMEs.GeM has over two lakhs of products registered under more than 300 categories. The portal has witnessed orders of value more than Rs 1771 crore. Presently, with order cancellation/ rejection of less than 1%.
· Saudi Arabia to Allow Women into Sports Stadiums from 2018
- Turki Al-Asheikh, Chairman of the General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia announced that Saudi women will now be able to attend sports events in stadiums starting from 2018.
- The move is aimed at empowering and engaging women in the society as an integral part of the development process.
- All these changes support Saudi Arabia’s “Vision 2030” plan for economic and social reforms.
· India Sends 1st Wheat Shipment to Afghanistan via Chabahar port
- Iran’s key strategic port of Chabahar became operational with the maiden shipment of wheat from India to Afghanistan. It was flagged off from Kandla port in Gujarat.
- This is a major push for India’s Afghan outreach bypassing Pakistan for the first time under the 2016 Indo-Afghan-Iran trilateral pact.
- Chabahar port is strategically located in Sistan-Balochistan province on energy-rich Iran’s southern coast in Gulf of Oman near its border with Pakistan and can be easily accessed from India’s western coast.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas: October 31, 2017
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) is observed on 31 October every year in India.
- This day marks the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who played an instrumental role in integration of princely state with Indian Union post independence.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is also known as Iron man of India.
- Celebration of October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2014.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi flags off ‘Run for Unity’ to mark Sardar Patel’s birth anniversary
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today flagged off the Run For Unity in New Delhi to mark the 142nd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- A large number of people, including sports personalities like Sardar Singh, Deepa Karmakar, Suresh Raina and Karnam Malleswari participated in the Run.
- Several programmes are being organized across the country on this occasion.
· Anupam Kher receives Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award
- Anupam Kher received Parmod Mahajan Smriti Awardin Pune.
- He is the current Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India.
- Saira Banu, who moved Supreme Court seeking a ban on instantaneous‘Triple Talaq’ among Muslims is the second recipient of Pramod Mahjan Smriti Award.
- The awards were presented by Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- The award was instituted by Pune-based organization ‘Muktachhand’ in memory of Late Pramod Mahajan who was the leader from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a former Union Cabinet Minister.
- Govt launches MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME Samadhaan
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Shri Giriraj Singh launched MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME Samadhaan.
- It will micro and small entrepreneurs across the country to directly register their cases relating to delayed payments by Central Ministries/Departments/CPSEs/State Governments. Shri Arun Kumar Panda, Secretary, Ministry of MSME along with other dignitaries and senior officials from the Ministry were also present.
- As per the provisions, the buyer is liable to pay compound interest with monthly rests to the supplier on the amount at three times of the bank rate notified by Reserve Bank in case he does not make payment to the supplier for the supplies of goods or services within 45 days of the day of acceptance of the goods/service or the deemed day of acceptance.
- Government sets up Arun Jaitley led panel on PSU bank mergers
- Moving ahead with reforms in the public sector banking space, the government has constituted a ministerial panel headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley that will oversee merger proposals of state-owned banks.
- The other members of the panel include Railway and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The panel will oversee the proposals coming from boards of PSBs for consolidation.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes