- Govt to tie up with pvt firms for training progs in livelihood colleges
- State Project Livelihood College Society will be registering firms having a proven track record in imparting skill development training for providing training to the youth of Chhattisgarh in Livelihood Colleges, officials informed.
- Notably, the Chhattisgarh Right of Youth to Skill Development Act, 2013 grants every person between the ages of 14 and 45 years the right to develop her or his skills.
- The Government of Chhattisgarh is also conscious of the need to expand residential training facilities to secure the exercise of this right by those living in remote and under-served areas, officials informed.
- The Central Government has already started inviting project proposals under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) in Chhattisgarh to provide a major boost to skill development of rural youth.
- During the period 2012-22, the incremental demand supply of the State to be a surplus of about 3.83 lakhs i.e. the State will have excess of incremental manpower supply. While a shortage of manpower is likely to be expected across semi-skilled (0.72 lakhs) segment, an excess supply is estimated in the skilled (1.34 lakhs) and minimally skilled (3.21 lakhs segment), it observed.
- India re-elected to International Maritime Organisation Council
- India was re-elected to the Council of the International Maritime Organisation under Category B at an assembly of the body at its headquarters in London.
- Indian High Commissioner to the UK YK Sinha represented India at the assembly where India secured the second-highest number of votes (144) from member-countries, just after Germany’s 146 and ahead of Australia’s 143.
- The other countries to make the cut included France (140), Canada (138), Spain (137), Brazil (131), Sweden (129), The Netherlands (124) and the UAE (115).
· Lipstick Under My Burkha wins tves Global Sustainability Film award in London
- In London “Lipstick Under My Burkha”, which explores women’s sexuality, has bagged a top prize at the time Global Sustainability Film Awards 2017.”Lipstick Under My Burkha” is produced by Prakash Jha and directed by Alankrita Shrivastava and stars Konkona SenSharma and Ratna Pathak Shah.
- The Founders Award for Sustainability on the Big Screen was introduced this year and sponsored by philanthropist Surina Narula.
- The time Global Sustainability Film Awards was launched in 2012. It is an annual film competition for companies and institutions, recognising those whose films most powerfully portray solutions for sustainability.
· Google introduces Datally app for quick data usage in real time
- Google launched Datally App to understand, control and save users mobile data themselves.
- Datally App available on the Google Play Store will enable users to track their data usage in real time and get personalized recommendations on saving data along with notifications of nearby available public Wi-Fi spots.
- Turn on the Data Saver bubble to block background data usage and track real-time data usage.You can also block data with one tap if an app’s data usage gets out of control.
· Populism Named Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year
- The word ‘populism’ has been announced as Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2017.
- The dictionary defined populism as “political ideas and activities that are intended to get the support of ordinary people by giving them what they want”.
- It said searches for ‘populism’ rose when Pope Francis made statements warning against its rising tide.
· Miss Korea Jenny Kim crowned Miss Supranational 2017
- Miss KoreaJenny Kimwas crowned Miss Supranational 2017 on Friday in Poland. Tica Martinez of Colombia and Bianca Tirsin of Romania were named the first runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
- Cabinet approves setting up of National Nutrition Mission
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved setting up of National Nutrition Mission (NNM) with a three year budget of Rs.9046.17 crore commencing from 2017-18.
- The NNM, as an apex body, will monitor, supervise, fix targets and guide the nutrition related interventions across the Ministries.
- The programme through the targets will strive to reduce the level of stunting, under-nutrition, anemia and low birth weight babies.
- Surya Prakash reappointed chairman of Prasar Bharati
- Former journalist and author A. Surya Prakash has been appointed as the chairman of the public broadcaster Prasar Bharati for a second term.
- Prasar Bharati runs Doordarshan and All India Radio.
- Prakash, who has been at the helm of Prasar Bharati for three years since 2014, retired earlier in October.
· Manushi Chhillar awarded Indian of the year special achievement award
- Miss World 2017, Manushi Chhillar was awarded the Indian of the year special achievement awardby Minister of Finance and corporate affairs, Arun Jaitley at a recent event at New Delhi.
- The beauty queen was given the award for her historic win at the Miss World pageant.
- She was greeted by Star cricketer Virat Kohli who congratulated her on her success.
· Kathakar an International Storytellers Festival held in New Delhi
- Seventh edition Kathakar:International Storytellers Festival was held at Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi. It was inaugurated by Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju.
- The partners for this edition of three-day festival are IGNCA of Union Ministry of Culture in Delhi, Heritage Transport Museum, Gurugram and National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai.
- It is special initiative, to promote the oral storytelling tradition which has existed across the world. It is only oral storytelling festival in India.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes