- Chhattisgarh bags national award
- Chhattisgarh bags the Third spot in ‘Sampoorna Swachhta Abhiyaan’ (Urban) in the country. Union Housing and Urban development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri presented the Swachhta Survey report-2018 in New Delhi on Thursday at a programme sponsored by the ‘Scotch Summit’.
- The Urban Administration Department officials informed Chhattisgarh bagged the Third Spot for- implementation of Clean City Project, Suwida 24 Sauchalaya construction, Citizen Feedback, Google Toilet Locator, innovation and 168 urban bodies becoming ODF. This is a spectacular achievement for the State as it had left behind Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Karanataka and Kerala on several parameters. Jharkhand bagged the Top Spot and Maharashtra won the second place.
- Ambikapur bagged the First place in implementing Innovative techniques in the group of one-three lakh population cities. Narharpur district Bastar bagged the Best Performing City in ‘Citizen Feedback’ category.
· SIPRI Yearbook 2018 Released, Number of Peacekeepers Declined
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) launches the findings of SIPRI Yearbook 2018, which assesses the current state of armaments, disarmament and international security.
- At the start of 2018 nine states – the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea) – possessed approximately 14,465 nuclear weapons.
· India hopes to open Chabahar port of Iran by 2019 amid US sanctions
- India is trying to make Chabahar Port in Iran operational by 2019, despite a threat of renewed US sanctions against Tehran.
- The port would offer easy accessibility toCIS countries, Transport and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari said in the statement.
· One lakh people perform Yoga in Rajasthan, create world record
- On the occasion of International Yoga Day on June 21, More than 1 lakh people together performed Yoga in Rajasthan’s Kotato create Guinness World Record.
- CM Vasundhara Raje Scindia was present at the venue along with Yoga guru Ramdev, who conducted the yoga session.
- Earlier, 55,000 people of Mysore held the record of the largest crowd performing yoga.
· Cabinet approves 3 Year Action Plan of Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of the Three Year Action Plan (2017-2020)of the scheme for Agricultural Education Division and ICAR Institutes with an outlay of 2225.46 crore.
- It comprises of:
“Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India – Rs. Rs.2050.00 crore;
ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) – Rs. 24.25 crore and
ICAR – Central Institute of Women in Agriculture (CIWA) including All India Coordinated Research Project on Home Science (AICRP-HS) – Rs.151.21 crore.
· Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty
- To honour soldiers who have been disabled in line of duty, while serving the Nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’, Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’.
· India launches its first national healthcare facility registry
- The Union ministry of health and family welfare launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR), the first ever registry in the country registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner for providing data security.
- It was launched by Union Health Minister J P Nadda.
· Three MoUs signed and 6 at an advanced stage under Adopt a Heritage Scheme
- Under “Adopt a Heritage Scheme“, three MoUs have already been signed and six are at an advanced stage and 31 more Adarsh Monuments are enlisted for coverage under the scheme.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India.
- The four MoUs include: 1. Mount Stok Kangri Trek Route, Ladakh
Gangotri Temple Area & Trail to Gaumukh, Uttarakhand
- Red Fort, Delhi
4. Gandikota Fort, Andhra Pradesh