· CM urged to integrate power companies
ð This will help in better management and coordination of power generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in the state
ð Chhattisgarh unbundled the State Electricity Board, though it was not mandatory as per the Act to disintegrate it.
ð The federation points out that every state has one SLDC where entire state is considered as one control area.
- NASA announces ‘Dragonfly’ mission to explore Saturn’s moon, Titan
- The US space agency NASA announced that it will launch a spacecraft in 2026 to explore the richly organic world of Titan.
- A rotorcraft called ‘Dragonfly’ will arrive at the Saturn’s moon in 2034, looking for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth.
- It may lend clues to how life may have arisen on Earth.
- Titan is the second largest moon in the solar system and is an icy world whose surface is completely obscured by a nitrogen-based golden atmosphere, four times denser than Earth’s.
- MieTY reported that 2.22 crore villagers are given Digital Education under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technologyreported that 22 crore villagers are given Digital Education under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA). The report was submitted by Minister Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad in Rajya Sabha.
- To increase the Digital Literacy rate in India, Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan (PMGDISHA) was launched as an integral part of the ‘Digital India’ initiative. The vision of this scheme is that one person in every household digitally literate, and train them to operate digital devices such as Tablets, Smartphones et cetera. Bridge the digital divide, specifically targeting the rural population
- It also ensures high-speed internet access for all, though a secure ecosystem.
The Centre allocated 100 crore in 2017-18,Rs.438 crore in 2018-19 and Rs.400 crore in 2019-20 for the PMGDISHA scheme. The total outlay for this project so far has been Rs.2,351 crore.
- Under the scheme people will be able to search for education, career and job-related information, search for weather forecasts, fishing zones, market prices, government schemes, farming equipment.
It makes utility bill payments online ,Book train and bus tickets online,Locate government information and schemes online citizen services.
- Centre has approved Rs.13,343 crore for the National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis
- The Centre has approved13,343 crore for the National Animal Disease Control Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD)and Brucellosisfor the next five years. It was announced by the Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Sanjeev Kumar Balyan. The amount of Rs.2683 crore is proposed for the Financial Year 2019-20.
FMD control programme envisages 100% vaccination coverage of cattle, buffaloes, sheep, goats and pigs at six months interval in the entire country. Further, animals will be identified using unique animal identification ear tags. The programme also includes deworming of targeted population of livestock twice a year as one of its activities. The vaccination will cover 30 crore bovines (cows-bulls and buffaloes) and 20 crore sheep/goat and 10 million pigs.
Brucellosis control programme:
Under Brucellosis control programme, 100% vaccination coverage of female cattle and buffalo calves, of age 4-8 months, once in a lifetime. This is an existing vaccination scheme under which the Centre and State governments contribute funds in the ratio of 60:40. The Central government will bear the entire cost.
FMD and Brucellosis:
These diseases are very common among the livestock cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs etc. If a cow/buffalo gets infected with FMD, the milk loss is upto 100% which could last for four to six months.
If it is affected with Brucellosis the milk output reduces by 30%, during the entire life cycle of animal. Brucellosis also causes infertility amongst the animals. The infection of brucellosis can also be transmitted to the farm workers and livestock owners.
Both the diseases have a direct negative impact on the trade of milk and other livestock products.
- BSES launches energy saving app
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) tied up with several private organisations to launch a slew of initiatives including a ‘behavioural energy saving app’ to reduce electricity consumption.
- The app Susthome developed by BYPL and TERI to bring about a behavioural change in how consumers use electricity.
It will track energy consumption patterns.
- The power discom selected cooperative housing societies such as Mayur Vihar to use the app.
- The initiative will be scaled up to cover over two lakh residential consumers in the second phase.
- The app will guide enlisted consumers in reducing their energy consumption, carbon footprint and electricity bills by influencing their behavioural patterns.
It will also provide customized solutions to make all such units energy-efficient
The main aim is to save around 72 million units (MUs) and help consumers save up to 10% in energy bills.
- The app will help in guiding the enlisted consumers in reducing their energy consumption, carbon footprint, and electricity bill by showing them their usage pattern and influencing the way they consume electricity, the spokesperson said.
This will also help the government save a lot of its money as it gives a huge amount of subsidies on electricity to the residents and has no native production unit.
The government buys electricity from the neighbouring State’s thermal or hydel electricity producing companies.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes