Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calls for strengthening of India-Vietnam ties.
- India, Vietnam to strengthen cooperation in atomic energy, defence and security
- On his four-day official visit to Vietnam, the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu underscored the importance of strengthening the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between the two nations to ensure peace and security in the region.
- India was ready to partner with Vietnam in satellite construction, both for civilian and non-civilian uses.
World’s first women’s cricket magazine ‘CRICZONE’
- World’s first exclusive women’s cricket magazine ‘Criczone’ was released here with Indian team vie-captain Smriti Mandhana featuring as the cover story.
World Migratory Bird Day
- The WMBD 2019 is observed with Theme:“Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution!”. It aims to put spotlight on negative impact of plastic pollution on migratory birds and their habitats.
- Birds are globally threatened by Plastic Watse: Study recorded that out of 265 bird species found entangled in plastic litter, at least 69 species were freshwater birds (10% of all freshwater species), 147 species were seabirds (36% of all seabird species), and 49 landbird species (0.5 per cent).
DNA database for Indian rhino
- By 2021, the Indian rhino could be the first wild animal species in India to have all its members DNA-sequenced.
- The project’s proponents, including the World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India) and the Centre-funded Wildlife Institute of India (WII), said the exercise would be useful in curbing poaching and gathering evidence in wildlife crimes involving rhinos.
- There are three species of rhinos, of which only one — the Indian rhino — is found in the country.
Justice AS Oka sworn in as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court
- Karnataka Governor, Vajubhai R Vala administered the oath of office to Justice Oka at the Raj Bhavan, in presence of Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy, Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara, judges of the high court and other dignitaries.
- Justice Oka today took over the helm of the Karnataka High Court from Acting Chief Justice Lingappa Narayana Swamy.
- CGPCS Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam 2020 - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims 2020 Notes