Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh presented a Rs. 73,996 crore budget for the year 2016-17 in the State Assembly.
This is hoped that the GDP of the State would remain at 7.6 per cent in the coming year. Special focus and attention was given to agriculture sector in the budget.
Government have provided Rs.540 crores for the drought-hit farmers. They have allocated Rs.223 crores for the drought-hit farmers in budget. They have also set aside Rs.150 crores to provide free seeds to paddy farmers. Rs.8 crores have been set aside for the marriage of drought-hit farmers’ daughters under the ‘MukhyaMantriKanyaVivahYojna’.
The allocation for farm insurance has been increased from Rs.50 crores to Rs.200 crores.
He said the State had bagged the Krishi Karman Prize for record farm production in the last four years.
Emphasis on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan:
Chhattisgarh Government allocated Rs. 700 crores for the Prime Minister Modi’s ‘Swachch Bharat Abhiyan’ and claimed that around 1554 villages in the State have been made “open defecation-free villages”.
Apart from Agriculture sector Chhattisgarh Government gave special attention to education, infrastructure development and skill development in his budget.
- 9 JavaharNavodayVidyalay at Bijapur, Sukma, Kondagaon, Gariyaband, Bemetara, Mungeli, Balodabazar, Sarguja, Balrampur.
- 3 new KendriyaVidyalaya at Bijapur, Sukma, Naya Raipur.
- 125 new high schools and 125 higher secondary schools – 5 crores.
- Mukhyamantri health insurance – amount to be increased from 30 thousand to 50 thousand.
- 15 new Nutrition Rehabilitation Centres – 4 crore 50 lakh.
- Mental Hospital at SendriBilaspur – 200 bedded – 18 crore 16 lakh.
- Mukhyamantri Medical Fellowship Prog. – 1 crore
- 242 PHCs to provide 24 hours’ healthcare facility – 10 crore 50 lakh.
- All habitations to be electrified by March 2018 – 140 crore.
- Saur SujlaYojna – For Irrigation – 554 crores.
- Free electricity for agricultural pumps – 2 thousand 171 croress.
- Single point connection – 419 crores.
- LTIF (NABARD) – Kelo, Kharang and Maniyari irrigation projects – 200 croress.
- Chhattisgarh Government have allocated Rs. 2,574 crores for the development of irrigation in the State and the target is to increase irrigation facilities on 83,000 hectares in the State in the coming years.
- National Rural Drinking Water Prog. – 160 crores
- Solar Energy based drinking water – 96 crores 56 lakh.
- 10 Habitations in each Vidhansabha area to have solar energy based drinking water arrangement from 5 percent of Saur SujlaYojna fund.
- Urban drinking water projects – 190 crores.
- LED Street Lights in 6 Municipal corporation – 28 crores.
- Swachch Bharat Mission – 316 crores.
- Amrit Mission – 210 crores.
- PM AwasYojna – 200 crores.
- DeendayalUpadhyaySarvSamajManglikBhawan scheme to be started – 3 croress for municipal corporation, 1.5 crore for municipal council, 75 lakhs for Nagar panchayat.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes