Chhattisgarh is poised to become the power hub of India.
Installed capacity is 5624 MW.
The abundant availability of coal ensures constant supply of raw material for future thermal power projects .
Chhattisgarh Government actively assists private power producers to set up power projects in the state.
State Government has created the Renewable Energy Development Authority (CREDA) for development of renewable sources of energy.
Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Agency (CBDA) has been setup to take up an ambitious programme for development of Bio-Diesel in the state.
Government has constituted the Chhattisgarh VidyutNiyamakAyog (Electricity Regulatory Authority).
60 MOUs signed for establishment of power plants.
– Anticipated power production through MOUs is 50,000 MW.
– Proposed investment is Rs. 2,25,000crores.
Power sector can be divided into three verticalshaving Generation, Transmission andDistribution business. In Chhattisgarh, stateelectricity board which was undertaking theabove functions, after the restructuring processundertook in December 2008, was unbundledinto five independent Companies, i.e.
- Chhattisgarh State Power GenerationCompany Limited (CSPGCL),
- Chhattisgarh State Power TransmissionCompany Limited (CSPTCL),
- Chhattisgarh State Power DistributionCompany Limited (CSPDCL),
- Chhattisgarh State Power TradingCompany Limited (CSPTrCL), and
- Chhattisgarh State Power HoldingCompany Limited (CSPHCL).
As per the census 2011, the state has apopulation of 2.55 Crores with 40% of
population concentrated in Raipur, DurgandBilaspur districts. Chhattisgarh householdelectrification had reached a level of 75% (94%in urban and 70% in rural areas respectively) asper the census 2011, which is comparatively
higher than the overall India average of 67%.
Hydro Electric Projects in Chhattisgarh
|1||Gangrel Hydroelectric Project||Mahanadi||Mahanadi|
|2||HasdeoBango Hydroelectric Project||Hasdeo||Mahanadi|
|3||Sikaser Hydroelectric Project||Pairi river||Mahanadi|
Thermal Power Plants in Chhattisgarh
Some of the importantChhattisgarh power stations are as follows:
- Korba (West) Thermal Power Station
CSEB, Korba West, District-Bilaspur
Korba Thermal Power Station is among the largest thermal power plants in the country. It is a coal power station located at Jamanipali in Korba. The thermal power station has a power generating capacity of 540 MW.
- Korba Super Thermal Power Station
NTPC Ltd, P.O. VikasBhavan,Jamnipali ,Korba
Korba Super Thermal Power Plant is situated at Jamanipali in Chhattisgarh. It is 1 of the coal based thermal power station by NTPC.
- Jindal Megha PP (private)
- LANCO Thermal Power Station
- Sipat TPP
Upcoming Chattisgarh Thermal Power Plants
- Arasmeta Captive Power Company Private Ltd (1 x 43 MW)
Gopalnagar, District JanjgirChampa
- Seshasaila Power and Engineering (P) Ltd. (7.5 MW)
- Athena Chhattisgarh Power Pvt. Ltd (2 x 600 MW)
Singhitarai, District JanjgirChampa
- VandanaVidhyut Ltd (540 MW)
- Sona Power Pvt. Ltd. (2 x 300 MW)
Nawagarh Tehsil, JanjgirChampa District,
- Videocon Industries Ltd (2 x 660 MW)
Village Gaud, District Champa,
- GMR Energy Ltd (1200 MW)
- Godawari Energy Ltd (4 x 300 MW)
- BEC Power Private Ltd. (2 x 250 MW)
- Patni Power Projects (540 MW)
Village Gorra in Raigarh District
- IFFCO Chhattisgarh Power (2 x 500 MW)
Chandan Nagar, Sarguja District
- x) SKS Ispat (1200 MW)
(Binjkote, Darramura), Raigarh DistrictCGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes