- Land records of over 19,000 villages available online
- Chhattisgarh Government has made concrete arrangements for computerisation of land records under Bhuinya project, as a result of which important documents such as land records and B1 have been made available online for public.
- Under the leadership of Chief Minister Raman Singh, State Government has taken this initiative to improve transparency in land transactions and documents.
- There are around 20 thousand villages in the State. Revenue department has made maps of 19,131 villages online. In the same sequence, land records of 19,460 villages and B1 have been computerized and made online.
- In addition, implementation of the scheme of making available the digitally signed copy of land records and B1 is also in progress. Till date, digitally signed copies of 16538626 out of 21698236 land records have been available online.
- 77% of the land records have been made online and 38 lakh 86 thousand 858 out of total 58 lakh 55 thousand 666 B1 (accounts) i.e. 67% of the B1 have been computerized and made online. Department informed that the department has launched an app named ‘Bhuinya’ and ‘Bhu-Naksha’, which can be downloaded on android mobile phone and specific land record can be viewed and downloaded while following the guide given in the app. People can also avail this facility on computers with internet connection.
- All the land related documents will be computerized for the convenience of common people. Bhuinya is Chhattisgarh Government’s land record computerization project, which has two sections – ‘bhuinya’ consists of information related to land records and accounts and ‘bhu naksha’ is all about land maps in record. This will save citizens from the inconvenience, time and effort in running from pillar to post at patwari offices, as they can now avail their documents online.
- Survey will be done for this purpose, for which Rs 74 crore has been provisioned in the budget of new fiscal year 2018-19.
- This amount will be utilized for geo-referencing of cadastral maps. In this way, the disputes regarding delimitation of lands will be resolved to a greater extent. Survey of India will be supporting in this work of survey. Cadastral maps will be prepared through satellite images and their geo-referencing will be done. The differences found in map and on spot will be resolved and eliminated by Revenue officials-employees, in presence of the land owner.
- World Wild Life Day: 3 March
- World Wild Life Day was celebrated all over the world on March 3 to create awareness about the world’s wild animals and plants and safeguard them.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) announced 3 March, as UN World Wildlife Day, to mark the date on which the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was signed.
- The theme for World Wildlife Day 2018 is: “Big cats: predators under threat”.
- Hindu woman elected to Pakistan’s senate in historic first
- Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Pakistan’s Sindh province has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in pakistan.
- Kolhi, 39, from Thar is a member of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari-led Pakistan People s Party (PPP).
- She was elected on a minority seat from Sindh.
- Kolhi belongs to a remote village in Nagarparkar district of Thar in Sindh province.
- National Safety Day: 4 March
- National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens.
- It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways.
- It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
- Conrad Sangma Will be the Next CM of Meghalaya
- In Meghalaya, NPP chief Conrad K Sangma met Governor Ganga Prasad and submitted the letter of support from other parties.
- The swearing-in of Conard as the chief minister will take place on March 5.
- In Tripura, the government formation process is expected to be completed by March 10.
· ‘Arunachal Express’ inaugurated making travelling convenient and viable for commuters
- Arunachal Pradesh, State Minister of Railways, Rajen Gohain and Minister of Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Arunachal Express which is ought to be a weekly express. Arunachal Express, a fully air-conditioned new weekly train service will run between Naharlagun and New Delhi.
- The new service will complement an existing weekly train service between the two places. It will also be the 14th direct train connecting Northeast with the national capital.
- The Arunachal Express will have state-of-the-art coaches which are measured to be modern and safe.
- The train will cover the 2,013 km distance between Naharlagun and Anand Vihar Terminal in little over 38 hours and will have 14 stoppages. The train will be completely air-conditioned and will have first class, two-tier and three-tier coaches along with a pantry car.
- Odisha state launches KHUSHI Scheme To Provide Free Sanitary Pads
- The Odisha government launched KHUSHIscheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
- The scheme will be implemented by the health and family welfare department of the state at a cost of 70 crores per year.
- Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools.
- The announcement was made by the CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik.
· Isro gears up to launch 2 satellites before Chandrayaan-2 mission
- Amid intense preparations for its most challenging Chandrayaan-2 mission, Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is gearing up to launch two other satellites before the lunar mission in April.
- Gsat-6A, similar to Gsat-6, is a high-powered S-band communication satellite weighing 2,140 kg. It will provide a platform for developing technologies that would be useful in future satellite-based mobile communication applications.
- IRNSS-1I, on the other hand, is a navigation satellite that is meant to replace the faulty first navsat IRNSS-1A, part of the Indian navigation system or NavIC or desi GPS. The three atomic clocks of the IRNSS-1A that were meant to provide precise locational data had stopped working two years ago.
· India beat Pakistan to win Snooker Team World Cup
- India won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup title.
- The Indian combine of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra defeated Pakistan in the best-of-five final played in Doha.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-