- 15 c’garh districts under brgf programme
- Fifteen districts of Chhattisgarh have been covered under Ministry of Panchayati Raj’s District component of Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) Programme, the Central Government has informed.
- The districts are namely– Bastar, Bijapur, Bilaspur, Dantewada, Dhamtari, Jashpur, Kabirdham, Kanker, Korba, Korea, Mahasammund, Narayanpur, Raigarh, Rajnandgaon and Sarguja covered under the BRGF Programme.
- The backward districts under the BRGF Programme were selected on the basis of rank of backwardness on chosen parameters relating to income deprivation, health and education status, social backwardness and infrastructural inadequacy.
- After the acceptance of the recommendations of the Fourteenth Finance Commission, the District Component of BRGF Programme has been delinked from budgetary support of the Central Government with effect from the financial year 2015-16, on account of enhanced fiscal space made available to the States due to higher devolution from 32% to 42% of the Centre’s net tax receipts to them.
- The funds under BRGF were released to the State Governments for onward transfer to the backward districts for supplementing and converging existing developmental inflows into identified backward districts so as to bridge critical gaps in local infrastructure and other development requirements.
- The BRGF Programme has been delinked from budgetary support of the Central Government with effect from financial year 2015-16.
· World Health Day is celebrated on 7th April
- The World Health Dayis a global health awareness day organized globally on 6th April.
- World Health Day is one of the eight official health campaigns which are marked by the World Health Organization.
- With an aim to spread awareness about health and well being, the first-ever World Health Day was observed in 1948 by the WHO.
- The theme of World Health Day isUniversal health coverage: everyone, everywhere. The slogan is “Health for All”.
- Exercise Gaganshakti-2018
- An all encompassing coordinated and composite exercise named Gaganshakti is being conducted by the IAF from 08-22 Apr 18.
- The aim of this exercise is real time coordination, deployment and employment of Air Power in a short & intense battle scenario.
- During Gaganshakti IAF will exercise the entire machinery to validate its concept of operations and war waging capability.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs to launch first ever “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra”
- The Ministry of Tribal affairs has approved establishment of the first multipurpose “Van Dhan Vikas Kendra” on pilot basis for establishment in Bijapur District of Chhattisgarh State.
- It has been setup for providing skill upgradation and capacity building training and setting up of primary processing and value addition facility.
- This first model Van Dhan Vikas Kendra is being implemented for training of 300 beneficiaries with a total outlay of Rs 43.38 lakhs for training, providing equipment’s & tools for primary level processing and infrastructure & building for housing the Kendra.
- Khadi Store Locator App Launched
- The 9th National Board of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) met in New Delhi.
- The Minister of State for MSME, Giriraj Singh chaired the meeting.
- The Minister launched a mobile phone application for locating 4,000 Khadi stores in the country.
- There are more than 8,000 Khadistores in India, the rest of stores will also be available on the store locater by the end of this month.
- This was informed by Vinai Kumar Saxena, Chairman KVIC in the board meeting.
· Deepak Lather Becomes Youngest Weightlifter To Win Medal
- Teenager Deepak Latherbecame the youngest Indian weightlifter to claim a Commonwealth Games medal, clinching a bronze in the men’s 69kg category.
- The 18-year-old from Haryana lifted a total of 295kg (136kg+159kg) to finish third after his nearest rival, Vaipava Loane, fouled his last two lifts to end with a total of 292kg.
- He held the 62kg category national record at 15.
- He trained at the Army Sports Institute as a diver before being pushed into weightlifting by the coaches there.
· Central Government and Maharashtra World Bank Sign 420 Million Dollar Project
- The Centre, Maharastra Government and the World Bank have signed a 420 million dollar projectto help small and marginals farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha region of the state.
- This project will help in increasing climate resilient practices in agriculture and ensuring that farming continues to remain a financially viable activity for them.
- The Maharashtra Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture will be implemented in rural areas largely dependent upon rain-fed agriculture.
- The project will take up a series of activities at the farm and watershed level.
· India’s best ‘State of the Year’ award goes to Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh bagged the ‘State of the Year’ Awardfor its remarkable progress in business and services activities in various sectors of the state.
- The remarkable jump is the result of policy decisions taken in the field of business by Chhattisgarh government in the past few years and its effective implementation.
- Union Information Technology and Electronics Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad gave the award at India Business Leader Awards (IBLA)event. The award was received by Chhattisgarh Revenue, Higher Education, Skill Development and Technical Education Minister Prem Prakash Pandey.
- On the occasion, the minister attributed the growth of the state to the BJP government which has been in power since 2003 in the state.
The state government has successfully completed 14 years under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh.CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-