- Over 30l applications received in phase-1
- In the first phase of State-wide ‘Lok Suraaj Abhiyan 2018’, more than 30.10 lakh applications related to various issues were received for various departments at the collection camps organized in all 27 districts, officials informed.
- Redressal of these applications is in progress. The State Government has also created a website for providing information regarding Lok Suraaj Abhiyan to citizens.
- It is noteworthy that this year Lok Suraaj Abhiyaan is being organized in three phases. In the first phase from January 12 to 14, applications were collected through redressal boxes placed in all district headquarters, gram panchayats and urban bodies. Meanwhile, 30,10, 425 applications were received, they informed.
- This includes more than 28.05 lakh applications from rural areas and 1.85 lakh pplications received from urban areas.
- A total of 19,024 applications were received online. Now In the second phase from January 15 to March 11, examination and redressal of these applications is being done. Later, from March 12 to March 31, redressal camps will be held at village cluster-level and ward cluster-level in urban areas of all the districts, wherein applicants will be informed about the redressal action being taken on their applications received.
- Besides, more applications will be collected for citizens and as far as possible the applications will be redressed on spot. In case, on spot redressal is not possible, then the applicant will informed about the redressal within one month. In these redressal camps, people will be informed about the public welfare schemes of government.
- World Kidney Day 2018: 8 March
- World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March.
- World Kidney Day (WKD) is a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
- World Kidney Day is a joint initiative of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF).
- India to give UN $15.82m for Nepal quake reconstruction
- India has pledged 15.82 million dollars in assistance to quake-ravaged Nepal for its massive reconstruction programme.
- India signed an agreement in this regard with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) to build 50000 homes for the quake victims.
- As per the agreement, the Indian Government will give 8.41 million US dollars to the UNOPS and 7.41 Million US dollar to the UNDP.
· UK college to teach Hinglish to students for jobs in India
- UK’s Portsmouth Collegehas offered to teach its students ‘Hinglish‘, a mix of Hindi and English languages, becoming the country’s first educational institutionto do so.
- The course is being introduced partly due to India’s growing economic importance and to prepare British students who may take up jobs in India or in Indian companies based in the UK.
- PM launches National Nutrition Mission
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, launched the National Nutrition Mission, and expansion of the coverage of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme, at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan.
- He also interacted with beneficiary mothers and girl children of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme.
- The Prime Minister awarded certificates to the best performing districts under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao programme.
- Government announces launch of ‘SUVIDHA’
- Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Ananth kumar announced the launch of ‘Suvidha’, the 100% Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP).
- The affordable sanitary napkin will be available for Rs. 2.50 per pad at over 3200 Janaushadhi Kendras across India and would ensure ‘Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha’for the underprivileged Women of India.
- This step taken by the Department of Pharmaceuticals will ensure the achievement of Prime Minster Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of Affordable and Quality Healthcare for All.
- Udyam Sakhi Portal Launched for Women Entrepreneurs
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day today, March 8,the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneursof India: www.udyamsakhi.org.
- The portal was unveiled by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of MSME, Giriraj Singh, in a program.
- The Minister said that India has around 8 million women who have started and are running their own businesses and the Ministry of MSME believes that the women in India can play a vital role in the growth of the Indian economy.
- The portal is a network for nurturing entrepreneurship and creating business models for low cost products and services in order to empower women and make them self-reliant and self-sufficient.
- Delhi Police launches All Women Patrolling Squad to strengthen women safety
- On the eve of International Women’s Day, the Delhi police launched an “All-women patrolling squad”.
- With the motto – Be the change, you want to see – wearing on their sleeves, the women suad riding mean machine in Delhi’s south district aims to protect women from cat-callers and instil a sense of confidence among women.
- The squad was launched in the form of a ‘road trip’ from Sarojni Nagar to Select Citywalk Mall in Saket.