- As per details from Census 2011, Chhattisgarh has population of 2.56 Crores, an increase from figure of 2.08 Crore in 2001 census. Total population of Chhattisgarh as per 2011 census is 25,545,198 of which male and female are 12,832,895 and 12,712,303 respectively.
- The total population growth in this decade was 22.61 percent while in previous decade it was 18.06 percent. The population of Chhattisgarh forms 2.11 percent of India in 2011. In 2001, the figure was 2.03 percent.
- Hinduism is majority religion in state of Chhattisgarh with 93.25 % followers. Islam is second most popular religion in state of Chhattisgarh with approximately 2.02 % following it. In Chhattisgarh state, Christinity is followed by 1.92 %, Jainism by 0.24 %, Sikhism by 0.27 % and Buddhism by 0.27 %. Around 1.94 % stated ‘Other Religion’, approximately 0.09 % stated ‘No Particular Religion’.
- Out of total population of Chhattisgarh, 23.24% people live in urban regions. The total figure of population living in urban areas is 5,937,237 of which 3,035,469 are males and while remaining 2,901,768 are females. The urban population in the last 10 years has increased by 23.24 percent.
- Gender Ratio in urban regions of Chhattisgarh was 956 females per 1000 males. For child (0-6) sex ratio the figure for urban region stood at 937 girls per 1000 boys. Total children (0-6 age) living in urban areas of Chhattisgarh were 736,748. Of total population in urban region, 12.41 % were children (0-6).
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-