Importance of North Indian Plains:
- Agricultural Productivity is high and it helps to sustain high population density. Plains are suitable for cereal crops and it ensures food security.
- Support to Food Processing Industries and FMCG companies.
- Cultural importance as the land is marked by Hindu cultural centres like Haridwar, Prayagraj, Ayodhya. It also represents the synthesis of Indo- Islamic culture. They also support tourist and pilgrimage centres.
- Rivers in Plains are perennial in nature and are suitable for round the year navigation.
- Extensive are under irrigation.
- The entire plain except the Thar Desert, has a close network of roads and railways which has led to large scale industrialization and urbanization.