- Three important peasant movements of the early twentieth century:
- Kisan Sabha and Eka movements in Avadh in UP
- Mappila rebellion in Malabar
- Bardoli Satyagrah in Gujarat
- The UP Kisan Sabha was set up in February 1918 through the efforts of Gauri Shankar Mishra and Indra Narain Dwivedi with the support of Madan Mohan Malviya.
- By June 1919, it had established about 450 branches in 173 tehsils of the province.
- In August 1921, Mappila (Muslim) tenants rebelled. Their grievances related to lack of any security of tenure, renewal fees, high rents and other oppressive labndlord exactions.
- The no-tax movement was launched in Bardoli taluq of Surat district in Gujarat in 1928.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-