- Csidc Pushes For More New Food Processing Units In State
- Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited (CSIDC) is inviting proposals from companies/promoters for setting up of Food Processing, Fruit & Vegetables Processing and Non-Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) units to provide modern infrastructure facilities for food processing sector in the State
- Special incentives packages has been notified for companies/promoters interested in setting up units in areas of Food Processing, Fruit & Vegetable Processing and Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) processing in State of Chhattisgarh having investment intent of Rs 500 Crore and more, officials informed.
- Notably, the Chhattisgarh Government will establish Multi-Commodity Cold Storage chambers for Horticulture and other commodities in five districts of the State.
· USA to provide EMALS technology to India for aircraft carriers
- Donald Trump Government has promised to provide the Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System(EMALS)technology to India for aircraft carriers.
- S Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will be visiting India soon and before his visit, Trump administration has informed of its decision to give EMALS to India.
- EMALS also weighs less, is expected to cost less and require less maintenance, and can launch aircraft that are heavier or lighter.
- This EMAL will help to launch heavy combat planes from the short runway of an aircraft carrier using electromagnetic force, instead of the old steam-powered catapults.
- Gandhi museum inaugurated in Durban
- A Gandhi museum has been inaugurated on a small piece of land once owned by Mahatma Gandhi in the coastal city of Durban.
- Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh inaugurated the museum, which will reflect the life and universal influence of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Gandhi owned the land in 1897 and used to hold public meetings there when the Natal Indian Congress planned its fight against laws discriminating against Indians in South Africa.
· Maharashtra Government releases Rs 4000 crore in phase 1 of Loan Waiver Scheme
- Chief Minister of MaharashtraDevendra Fadnavis released a sum of Rs 4,000 crore under the first phase of the over Rs 34,000 crore farm loan waiver scheme.
- In the first phase, will cover more than 8 lakh farmers, Fadnavis stated as he listed initiatives taken by his government towards increasing investment in the agriculture sector.
· Income Tax dept Launches ‘Online Chat’ to answer Taxpayers Queries
- The Income Tax Department launched an ‘online chat’ servicefor taxpayers so that they can seek answers to their basic queries and doubts relating to direct tax issues.
- A window has been hosted on the main page of the department’s website — www.incometaxindia.gov.in/ with a prominent icon stating ‘Live Chat Online – ask your query.’
- A team of experts from the department and independent tax practitioners has been deputed to answer the general queries of a taxpayer.
- The first-time initiative is aimed to enhance taxpayer services in the country.
· ACI ranks Hyderabad airport No. 1 in 5 to 15 million category
- Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) has ranked No. 1 in the Airports Council International’s (ACI) service quality survey in the category of 5 to 15 million passengers per annum.
- GIA was opened in year 2008 and is operated by GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd. (GHIAL).
- A trophy for this accomplishment for the year 2016 was handed over to GHIAL CEO, SG K Kishore during the 27th ACI
- Africa/world annual general assembly at Port Louis in Mauritius on October 18, 2017.
· Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas conferred with Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award
- Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG)was awarded Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award in Swachh Bharat National Award ceremony on Gandhi Jayanti, in New Delhi.
- The Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award was given by Minister of State, Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation S.S.Ahluwalia to MoPNG.
- The award was received by Senior Adviser (PNG).
- The focus of MoPNG has been not only to improve peoples’ involvement but also to bring behavioral change through Swachh Bharat Mission.
· Javed Akhtar to be honoured with Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award
- Veteran writer and lyricist Javed Akhtaris to be honored with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award will receive Rs.1,00,000 along with a memento.
- The programme is being presented to celebrate the 75-year-old music career of singer Lata Mangeshkar.