- The act increased the number of additional or non-official members in the legislative councils. Hence representation was increased both in Central legislative councils and State provincial council.
- The members were given the right to ask the questions on budget or matters of public interest but they had to give 6 days prior notice. It was a positive step as it enhanced the accountability factor.
- Members were not allowed to ask supplementary questions.
- The principle of representation was initiated through this act. The district boards, universities, municipalities, chambers of commerce and zamindars were authorised to recommend members to the provincial councils.
- The legislative councils were empowered to make new laws and repeal old laws with the permission of the Governor-General.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-