With 140 countries abolishing the death penalty, the death penalty has become archaic in nature. The continuing of death penalty is not in accordance with the modern principles. The major reasons against the death penalty are:
- There are no empirical evidence which suggest that capital punishment act as a major deterrence. It is impossible to prove that person is beyond reform.
- Our judicial system is reformative in nature but capital punishment comes under the medieval mindset of retributive justice.
- The capital punishment is irreversible in nature and there is no chance for undoing the wrong judgement.
- 262 law commissions states that capital punishment should be revoked except in case related to terrorism and waging war against the state.
- Global trend is in favour of abolishing death penalty.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-