The Panchayat Samiti generally consists of-
- About twenty members elected by and from the Panches of all the Panchayats falling in the block area;
- Two women members and one member each from the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes to be co- opted, provided they do not get adequate representation otherwise;
- Two local persons possessing experience of public life and administration, which may be beneficial for the rural development;
- Representatives of the Co-operatives working within the jurisdiction of the block;
- one representative elected by and from the members of each small municipality lying within the geographical limits of a block;
- the members of the State and Union legislatures representing the area are to be taken as associate members.