- State’s employment exchanges will be connected with ncs
- Union Ministry of Labour and Employment has approved Chhattisgarh Government’s proposals for interlinking of State’s employment exchanges with the National Career Service (NCS) Portal and establishment of four Model Career Centres at Durg, Bilaspur, Bastar and Ambikapur.
- The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment is implementing National Career Service (NCS) Project for transforming the employment services in the country. The NCS Project envisages setting up of 100 Model Career Centres (MCCs) to connect local youth and other job-seekers with all possible job opportunities in a transparent and effective manner, he informed.
- The Central Government has taken various steps for generating employment in the country including Chhattisgarh like encouraging private sector of economy, fast tracking various projects involving substantial investment and increasing public expenditure on schemes like Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) in manufacturing sector and in business/services sector run by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) and Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) schemes run by Ministry of Rural Development and Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) run by Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- The States/UTs have been given the flexibility to allocate funds amongst various components based on their local requirements,
· Sixth India-UK Science & Innovation Council Meeting Held In New Delhi
ð The 6th India-UK Science & Innovation Council (SIC)meeting held in New Delhi discussed a range of issues on S&T cooperation between the two countries.
ð Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences & Environment, Forests and Climate Change, India and Mr. Sam Gyimah, Minister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, UK led the Indian and UK delegations respectively.
· DoT approved the merging of Vodafone and Idea
- The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) approved the merging of Vodafone Indiaand Idea Cellular. It also laid a condition saying the merged entity should abide by the decisions of Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) and other courts.
- This merger makes Vodafone Idea Limited, the largest carrier in India by 430 million subscribers and a 35% revenue market share.
- International Children’s Film Festival inaugurated
- West Bengal Governor K N Tripathi inaugurated the 18th International Children’s Film Festival in which 36 films from 17 countries would be screened.
- The Governor also called for screening of one children’s film in every cinema hall of the state every month.
- The festival was being organised by Cine Central, one of the oldest cine clubs of the country in collaboration with the UNICEF.
- Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme to empower rural women
- Government of India has approved a new scheme namely Mahila Shakti Kendra for implementation during 2017-18 upto 2019-20 to empower rural women through community participation.
- The Scheme is implemented with cost sharing ratio of 60:40 between centre and states except for North East and Special Category States where the ratio is 90:10.
- The scheme is envisaged to work at various levels and at the national level and state level technical support to the respective governments on issues related to women is provided.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog & MyGov launches “Innovate India Platform”
- Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov launched the “Innovate India Platform”, a collaboration between the Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov, a citizen centric platform of the Government of India.
- The Innovate India portal will serve as the common point for all the innovation happening across the nation.
- Launching the platform, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission said that the Innovate India MyGov-AIM portal creates the much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at a national level. Those searching for a critical innovation can leverage the portal advantageously for the benefit of the economy as well as national social needs.”
- The National Green Tribunal formed a monitoring committee on cleaning of the Yamuna
- The National Green Tribunal formed a monitoring committee for Yamuna Rejuvenation Project.
- B S Sajwan and former Delhi chief secretary Shailaja Chandra has been appointed as members of the committee.
- The committee has been asked to submit the report by December 31,2018.
- This decision was taken by a bench headed by National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson A K Goel .
- Two Indians among 2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award winners
- Two Indians Bharat Vaswani and Sonam Wangchuk are among six individuals who were declared winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Award.
- Established in 1957, the Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest honour.
- It celebrates the memory and leadership example of the third Philippine president after whom the award is named.
· Lok Sabha passed the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018
- The Lok Sabha passed the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018. The Bill aimed at preventing human trafficking of women and children, providing rehabilitation to the victims and prosecuting offenders. The Bill was introduced in the House by the Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi.
- The Bill approves severe punishment of 10 years to life imprisonment for aggravated forms of trafficking. It also proposes establishing a National Anti-Trafficking Bureau(NATB) for coordinating, monitoring and surveillance of trafficking cases. It allocated 10 crore for Relief and Rehabilitation Committee and Rehabilitation Fund.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-