- CM unveils dairy project in remote village
- Chief Minister Raman Singh on Sunday unveiled the farmers’ dairy project of village Silphili in Surajpur district as ‘Pilka-shir’.
- Singh visited the district which is located on the extreme northern tip of the state, as part of his ongoing Vikas Yatra aimed at to brief people about the development works the BJP government has carried out in past 15 years.
- Singh also unveiled the logo of the dairy project.
- The dairy procures milk from roughly 2,000 farmers at the rate of Rs 30 per litre. He Singh wished the project would be the great success.
- Singh further said that development does not mean only laying of roads, construction of bridges and buildings but providing two square meals a day and supplying electricity to the remote corners in the state.
- Russia unveils world’s first floating nuclear power station
- Russia has unveiled the world’s first floating nuclear power station in the port of the city of Murmansk, where it will be loaded with nuclear fuel before heading to eastern Siberia.
- Constructed by the state nuclear power firm Rosatom, the 144 by 30 metre holds two reactors with two 35 megawatt nuclear reactors that are similar to those used to power icebreaker ships.
- It will be primarily used to power oil rigs as Russia pushes further north into the Arctic to drill for oil and gas and needs electricity in far-flung locations.
· South Korea Won Asian Champions Trophy 2018
- The Indian women’s Hockey team failed to defend its crown at the fifth Asian Champions Trophy, as it lost to hosts South Korea, 0-1 in the summit clash at Donghae City, South Korea.
- A goal by Youngsil Lee clinched the Korean team as the winner of Champions Trophy.
The final was India’s first defeat of the tournament. South Korea has lifted the title for the third time after having won it in 2010 and 2011.
- India, on the other hand, finished second best for the second time after having lost to Japan in the final of the 2013 edition.
- Indian striker Vandana Katariya was declared player of the tournament while youngster Lalremsiami was named as the upcoming player of the tournament.
· India-us 2+2 dialogue likely in early July, US to confirm date
- The much-awaited India-us two-plus-two dialogue is expected to take place in the first week of July with the impact of Countering America’s Adversaries Through the Sanctions Act (CAATSA) on New Delhi’s national and energy security needs high on the agenda.
- The two-plus-two dialogue was to take place on April 18-19 but was postponed due to appointment of a new secretary of state by US President Donald Trump.
- India currently purchases nearly 29 million tons of crude from Iran; almost 62% of its military hardware and ammunition comes from Russia.
- Apart from the impact of CAATSA, the two-plus-two dialogue will also focus on all aspects of the bilateral relationship and the growing Chinese influence in Indo-pacific region, including freedom of navigation in the South China Sea. The US and India are party of the so-called Quad initiative which seeks to counter China’s influence in the region.
· Anti Terrorism Day is observed as 21 May
- The Anti Terrorism Dayis observed on 21 May every year in our country to make the people aware of the anti-social act of terrorism and its impact on human suffering and lives.
- The official announcement of National Anti Terrorism Day was made after the assassination of India’s seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on 21 May 1991.
- He was killed in Tamil Nadu in a campaign by the terrorist.
- Then, under V.P. Singh government the center has decided to observe 21st May as Anti Terrorism Day.
- Railways to use AI to control air circulation in Manipur tunnel
- For the first time, the railways will use artifical intelligence to control air circulation, signages and even supervision and maintenance work in the 10.28 km-long tunnel in Imphal as part of its 110 km railway line from Jiribam to Manipur’s capital city.
- While the national transporter is already using this technique to detect flaws or problems in the signalling system, this is the first time that such a technology will be used in a tunnel in the country.
- The system will control air circulation in the system, along with other aspects.
- It will alert the passenger in case of fire and help us in quick evacuation in case of any issue.
- NABARD sanctions Solar street lighting system in Arunachal
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned LED Solar Street Lighting system for Arunachal Pradesh under its Rural Infrastructure Development Fund with a total grant of Rs 87.83 lakh.
- The project would be implemented in the four districts of the state Tirap, Longding, Namsai and Tawang.
- Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched the scheme in presence of NABARD Chairman Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam 2020 - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims 2020 Notes