- TRACKING SYSTEM FOR INDRAVATI TIGER RESERVE SOON
- The State Government will get installed Tracking and Monitoring applications in Indravati Tiger Reserve soon.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has sanctioned ‘Bhoramdeo Wildlife Sanctuary’ spreading over 351.25 sq kms as ‘Tiger Reserve’ in Chhattisgarh.
- Five years ago, a proposal was sent to NTCA in this regard as there was tiger movement from Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh to Bhoramdeo Wildlife Sanctuary, officials informed.
- Now after getting status of Tiger Reserve, there will be DFO level Forest Officer there. Besides, there will be well trained staff including a veterinary doctor.
- Besides, a tigress was spotted moving with three cubs and a tiger five years ago in Bhoramdeo wildlife sanctuary. So Forest department has sent a proposal to NTCA to declare it as Tiger Reserve.
- Bhoramdev Forest Reserve situated in between Kanha National Tiger Reserve and Achanakmar Tiger Reserve, has provided evidences of presence of wild life since three years of its formation.
- Chhattisgarh is among four other states which has submitted Detailed Project Report (DPR) for funding under the National Adaptation Fund on Climate Change (NAFCC) at a total cost of approximately Rs 108 crore for implementation in these states.
- India’s nominee Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to ICJ
- India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the fifth and the last seat of the world court after Britain withdrew its candidate from the election.
- Bhandari received 183-193 votes in the General Assembly and secured all the 15 votes in the Security Council after separate and simultaneous elections were held at the UN headquarters in New York.
· Donald Trump and Putin Agree to Support UN in Syrian Peace Process
- USA President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have agreed to support the U.N. effort to “peacefully resolve”the nearly seven-year-long Syrian civil war.
- They also discussed ways to implement a lasting peace in Ukraine,” where pro-Russian separatists have been fighting troops loyal to Kyiv and how to keep international pressure on North Korea to end its nuclear weapon and missile development programs.
- Modi govt 3rd most trusted in the world
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has ranked third in World Economic Forum’s list of most trusted governments.
- The report reveals that almost three quarters (74 percent) of Indians say they have confidence in their national government.
- The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Indonesia, while India grabs the third spot.
- India Signs Loan Agreement with World Bank for USD 100 Million
- A Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” was signed with the World Bank.
- The project consists of two components viz. (i) Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks (estimated total project cost of USD 100 million, including USD 75 million in IBRD loan and USD 23 million in CTF Loan) and (ii) Technical Assistance (USD 2 million in CTF Grant).
- The objective of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through establishment of large-scale parks in the country.
- International Film Festival of India (IFFI) inaugurated in Goa
- The 48th edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI 2017) was inaugurated by Shah Rukh Khan on 20 November at the Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at the event, while Canadian director Atom Egoyan will receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar among others, were present at the event.
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Ch’ship begins in Guwahati
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship begins in Guwahati on 20 November.
- In AIBA women youth boxing championship being held in Guwahati , Indian pugilists will start their campaign on 21 November.
- Three young boxers will lock horn in the preliminaries.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated the event in presence of office bearers from AIBA and Boxing Federation of
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-