Minister inaugurates e-Panchayat web portal
Chhattisgarh Panchayat and Rural Development Minister T.S. Singh Deo on Saturday launched the ‘e-Panchayat Chhattisgarh’ web portal prepared. It works on four modules.
Inaugurating the portal, Singh Deo said it will definitely prove to be effective in making the state digitally empowered in the field of e-governance, an official communication said.
He said it will help in achieving the objectives of the Panchayati Raj. The state will move forward in the direction of political-social empowerment.
The Minister suggested that the complete database of each family including basic facilities in every street and locality of the village should be updated by March 31. On that basis, all services can be made available in those gram panchayats.
Through the portal, online payment of salaries of Panchayat Secretaries working in Gram Panchayats across the state will be done by the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) software.
The Learning Management System (LMS) will broadcast the learning videos related to Panchayati Raj Institutions issued by the state and Central governments.
The Knowledge Management System (KMS) will compile documents related to departmental orders, notifications and legislation by the Directorate of Panchayats.
A survey module has been developed for collection of basic information on the first 100 points of Gram Sabha in Gram Panchayats. He suggested adding some more features and information in the portal.
Chhattisgarh has more than 11,000 Gram Panchayats. The portal will act as a platform for better implementation, evaluation, monitoring and training of state and central government schemes with transparency.
North Korea Railway-borne missile
North Korea recently tested the railway-borne missile. With this, North Korea has tested three missiles in January 2022 amidst rising tensions with the US. This has pushed for fresh sanctions by the US.
- The railway-borne missile recently tested by the North is a ballistic missile. The missiles that were tested previously were hypersonic missiles.
- The missile flew 800 kilometres and struck a target in the east coast of North Korea.
- Railway borne missile means the missile is launched from a train.
- North Korea tested two railway – borne missiles.
The test comes after the South Koreans tested the submarine – launched ballistic missile. With this, it became the first country to develop such as system without nuclear weapons. The Koreans have been indulging in arms race and are unveiling more capable weapons and missiles.
Army Day 2022
- Indian Army Day is celebrated to honour soldiers of the armed forces in India, for their selfless service.
- The day is celebrated at all army command offices across India as well as the headquarters in New Delhi.
Why is the day marked on January 15?
The day is marked on January 15, every year because on this day Lieutenant General KM Cariappa was appointed to the post in 1949. He became the first Indian to head the forces. Since then, this day has become a significant day for Indian history. It was the first time an Indian soldier took reigns of the armed forces.
How is the day celebrated?
- Indian Army Day marks the celebration of not only the brave soldiers, but also marks the transfer of power from British rule to India.
- On this day, a grand parade is organised at Cariappa parade ground in Delhi cantonment.
- The salute of this parade is usually taken by Indian Army Chief. Thus, in 2022, General Manoj Mukund Naravane will make the salute on the occasion.
- Apart from this, the Day also involves a showcase of all the weapons in Indian Army arsenal. The latest kind of weapons, helicopters, drones, etc are displayed with great pride.
World’s largest Khadi National Flag
On January 15, 2022, world’s largest national flag, made of Khadi fabric will be put to display, to celebrate the “Army Day”.
- It will be displayed at Longewala, along the India – Pakistan Border in Jaisalmer.
- Longewala was the centre stage of historic battle of 1971 between India and Pakistan.
- It will be the fifth public display of the Khadi flag.
- This will be the 5th public display of the National Flag, after it was first unveiled in Leh on October 2,
- It was displayed later at Hindon Airbase to mark the Air Force Day on October 8, 2021 and at Red Fort on October 21, 2021, marking the completion of 100 crore Covid-19 vaccinations across India.
- Furthermore, it was displayed at the Naval Dockyard near Gateway of India in Mumbai, on December 4, 2021, to celebrate Navy Day.
India Edtech Consortium
The private companies in India have joined together to form India EdTech Consortium. It was formed under the guidance of Internet Mobile Association of India. It was launched after Government of India announced that it is to launch as policy to regulate the edtech sector, that is education and technology sector.
EdTech is Education and Technology. Before COVID-19, the education and technology sector were performing normally. They were growing steadily. The COVID induced lock down shut schools and colleges. Suddenly modern choice, that is, remote learning became the only alternative. Four out of every six edtechstartup have succeeded in their respective field during this phase.
The consortium has launched a three page code. It stresses on transparency, warnings of misleading ads. The educational institutions can use their students’ success as promotion tool only with proper proof of performance.
Vulnerable Witness Deposition Centre (VWDC) Scheme
The Supreme Court has directed the High Courts of the country to provide an estimate of manpower required to create Vulnerable Witness Deposition Centre (VWDC) scheme in their states within three months. It has introduced new definitions to the vulnerable victims.
The Supreme Court has included the sexually assaulted victims in the vulnerable witnesses. The other vulnerable victims are as follows:
- Gender neutral victims of sexual assault
- Witnesses under threat perception. These witnesses are those included under the Witness Protection Scheme of the Union launched by the Central Government in 2018.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-