- Suicides in Chhattisgarh: Farmer organisations demand to set up judicial commission.
- Alleging that Chhattisgarh government was trying to hush up the issue of farmer suicide – which has crossed a toll of about ten deaths within a fortnight – in the state; Chhattisgarh Pragatisheel Kisan Sangathan has demanded that government take serious note of the suicides and set up a judicial commission to probe the exact reason of such incidents.
- Since governments of Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and other states have announced of waving off the farmers’ loan, state farmers also expected the same from the government.
· China bans export of key petroleum products to North Korea
- China ban exports of some petroleum products to North Korea and as well as imports of textiles from the isolated North, in line with a UN Security Council resolution, passed after Pyongyang’s latest nuclear test.
- The USA and South Korea are technically still at war with North Korea because the 1950-53 Korean conflict ended with a truce and not a peace treaty.
· China and Australia joint military training exercise called Panda Kangaroo 2017 held in Kunming
- China and Australia joint military training exercise called “Panda-Kangaroo 2017” concluded in Kunming, capital of southwest China’s Yunnan Province, on September 20.
- This exercise kicked off on September 10, China and Australia each sent 10 soldiers to participate in the joint training.
· FIFA Women World Cup France 2019 official slogan, emblem launched
- Official emblem and slogan for FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 were unveiled at the Musee de l’Homme, Paris, France.
Emblem:- To symbolise the eighth edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup, competition trophy wrapped in blue and white, with eight shards of light around football at the top of the trophy.
Slogan:- “Dare To Shine“.
FIFA President – Gianni Infantino.
· India will rank top in Retail Destination in 2017 by replacing China
- India has replaced China as the top retail destination in 2017, as part of the global retail development index.
- According to India Retail Report 2017, over the past 12-15 months, 100 percent cash and carry operations are gaining significance in India with Thailand’s Siam Makro being the latest entrant in this space following Metro, Walmart and Booker.
· Rajiv Mehrishi Took Oath as New Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India
- Former home secretary Rajiv Mehrishi took over as the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
- He succeeded Shashi Kant Sharma.
- He will have a tenure of about three years.
· India Become World No. 1 in Both ODIs and Tests
- India beat Australia by 5 wickets in the third ODI played between the two sides at Indore.
- Now India is the no. 1 spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC)One-Day International (ODI) rankings.
- This is India’s ninth consecutive ODI win while it is Australia 11ts successive defeat.
- The three Top three teams in ODI are India, South Africa, and Australia.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch ‘Power for all’ scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches‘Power for all’ schemeto mark the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The scheme is expected to cover all rural families after expected electrification of all villages by December end this year.
- He inaugurates Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) new corporate office that was renamed Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Urja Bhawan from Rajiv Gandhi Urja Bhawan.
- The green-building built at a cost of 600 crorewas completed a year ago.
· Tihar Jail, largest jail in India got its first open air gymnasium
- Open-air gyms for prisoners has now been set up in jail number 1 of Tihar in west Delhi, which is the largest and the most populated prison in India with over 14,400 inmates.
- This gym is mostly used by elderly prisoners facing problems, like obesity or arthritis.
- Union Textiles Minister to inaugurate VASTRA 2017
- The 6th Edition of the 4-day international textile and apparel fair, ‘VASTRA’ will be organized in Jaipur during September 21 – 24, 2017 at Jaipur Exhibition and Convention Centre (JECC), Sitapura.
- The fair will be inaugurated by the Union Minister for Textiles and Information & Broadcasting, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani and Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Smt. Vasundhara Raje, on September 21, 2017.
- The expo is an all-encompassing trade fair and conference on Textiles and Apparel which will present a fusion of the finest and the latest in textile products – from fiber to fashion, services and technology.
- Multi-Agency Exercise ‘Pralay Sahayam’ Held
- A multi-agency exercise was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake as the final event of ‘Pralay Sahayam’ in Hyderabad.
- The event demonstrated efforts of all central and state agencies, National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and the Armed Forces towards jointly tackling an urban flooding scenario in Hyderabad.
- The exercise brought out the role and function of the State Emergency Operations in coordinating conduct of the joint operations.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-