- Raipur Municipal Corporation portal to keep track of affordable house allotments
- An online portal has been launched by the civic body to keep track of home allotments to slum dwellers through the Basic Service for Urban Poor (BSUP) housing scheme.
- This portal will keep track of vacant houses and its allotment process executed by zone commissioners by the central server located at Raipur Municipal Corporation (RMC).
- Civic authorities said that the portal will enable beneficiaries of the scheme as well as civic officials to remain constantly updated on the allotment procedure, bringing in transparency in the process.
- Australia joins International Solar Alliance
- Australia became the 35th country to join the International Solar Alliance, an initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November 2015 in Paris.
- It is co-led by India and France.
- The aim was to support developing countries to boost their solar production capacity.
- The solar alliance, whose head office is in India, has grown stronger in the past two years with more countries joining the group and signing the agreement.
- Cabinet approves selling 51% stake in HPCL to ONGC
- The Cabinet has given an in-principle approval to sell the government’s entire 51.11 per cent stake in Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd to Oil and Natural Gas Corp in a bid to create a state-run integrated oil major that can compete with private and foreign players.
- ONGC chairman Dinesh Sarraf said the shareholders of both companies would gain from the deal.
- The combined market value of ONGC and HPCL would be $42 billion.
- Environment Ministry approves Projects in 3 States under NAFCC
- The Union Environment Ministry approved three projects for climate change adaptation in three states viz. Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim for funding under the National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC).
- Sikkim: The investment aims to address the issue of water security which are directly identified as climate resilience building interventions under the SAPCC.
- Rajasthan: It aims to bolster water security in villages under the Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan. It aims to enhance the adaptive capacity of villages by making them self-reliant in terms of water requirement.
- Gujarat: The project seeks enhance the adaptive capacity of natural resource dependent communities to climate change in targeted villages of Kachchh district.
- Google launches job applicant management tool ‘Hire’
- Google officially released a new tool named ‘Hire’ to help small and medium sized businesses recruit talent.
- The service is built on G Suite and will allow employers to track candidates’ contact information, resume details and calendar invites.
- It will allow business partners to share feedback within the candidate’s profile.
- UIDAI launches mAadhaar app for Aadhaar data on phone
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched ‘mAadhaar’, a new mobile application for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phones. The app allows users to carry their unique Aadhaar information including name, date of birth, gender, address, and the linked photograph, on their smartphones. The app also allows users to lock or unlock biometrics data.
- The application allows users to have their Aadhaar profile on their mobile as a quick and convenient identification proof. It also lets users lock/unlock their biometric data that’s linked to Aadhaar via the app to secure their personal data. It also allows viewing and sharing updated Aadhaar profile via QR (Quick Response) code and sharing eKYC (electronic Know Your Customer) details with service providers such as telecommunications companies.
- TR Zeliang sworn in as 19th Chief Minister of Nagaland
- Senior Naga People’s Front (NPF) legislator TR Zeliang (65) was sworn in as the 19th chief minister of Nagaland. He was administered oath to office and secrecy by Governor P.B. Acharya. Earlier Governor had dismissed the Shurhozelie Liezietsu government under Clause (I) of Article 164 of the Constitution after he failed to prove majority on the floor of the Assembly.
Prior to it, Zeliang had staked claim to form government in Nagaland with a majority support of 47 members in the 60 member Legislative Assembly. TR Zeliang will now have to prove his majority on the floor of the House. This is his second stint as chief minister in a little more than three years.CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes