Family is a smallest basic social unit which performs various functions like biological, psychological, economical etc. The form and the characteristics of the families are changing.
- Joint family to nuclear family.
- Concept of single mother, single father.
- Supreme court has given legal sanction to live in couple as family.
The reasons for the changes in the family system are
- In search of Job, members of the family move outside and start to live there and hence family become independent unit.
- The urge of individualism is against the traditional joint family system.
- Effect of globalisation, urbanisation has effect on the pattern of family.
- Now nuclear family are producing less offspring i.e. not more than 2 which is also putting restriction on the size of the family.
- Effect of Westernisation and modernisations has also affected the family structure.
- Cost of living has increased in urban areas which compelled lower size of the family.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-