- C’garh maintains high growth levels, keeps fiscal deficit low: crisil
- Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Telangana were among the States which successfully managed high growth levels while keeping their fiscal deficits below 3 per cent says a CRISIL report.
- Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana were the top three fastest growing States in the last four fiscals, while Punjab, UP and Kerala featured in the bottom three, it informed.
· Google on United States best workplaces list for 10 consecutive years
- Technology giant Google has ranked 5thon the list of ‘100 best companies to work for in the US in 2018’, marking its 10th consecutive appearanceon the annual list.
- Apple and management consulting firm Bain & Company also featured on the list for the 10th consecutive year.
· UN Women and Facebook Inaugurates ‘We The Women’ Event in Mumbai
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two-day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- The event witnessed speakers from different walks of life including Textile and I&B Minister, Smriti Irani, Sakshi Malik, Mithali Raj, Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and others.
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
- The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- This year’s theme is “Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity”.
· China Starts World’s Biggest Floating Solar Project
- A unit of China Three Gorges Corp. is building a 1 billion yuan ($151 million) floating solar power plant, the world’s biggest, in the nation’s eastern province of Anhui. China Three Gorges New Energy Company started building the 150-megawatt project in July and part of the plant was connected to the grid.
- The project features panels fixed to floats on the surface of a lake that formed after a coal mine collapsed, according to the unit. The entire facility is expected to come online by May 2018.
- India declared free from Trachoma, a bacterial infection of eye
- India has been declared free from infective Trachoma which is a contagious bacterial infection of the eye.
- It causes inflamed granulation on the inner surface of the lids.
- Releasing the National Trachoma Survey Report (2014-17) in New Delhi, Health Minister J P Nadda made an announcement in this regard and termed it as a momentous achievement.
· Central Government will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities
- Centre will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities which will be valid throughout India, Union minister Krishan Pal Gurjar announced.
- At present, an identity card issued by a state is not considered valid in another state, which causes inconvenience to people with disabilities in availing benefits of various government schemes and reservation.
· Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Mane became the first Indian shooters qualified for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Manebecame the first Indian shooters to secure the women’s and men’s quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) by winning a gold and bronze each at the 10th Asian Championship 10M Rifle/Pistol at Wako City, Japan.
· Ministry of External Affairs Celebrates the Flavours of India on Twitter
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has, through the official Twitter handle of India’s Public Diplomacy, shared pictures of traditional ‘thalis’ from all the 29 states of India.
- The campaign went on for a week to share “the healthy and sumptuous food thalis”.
- The aim was to celebrate the unique flavour of every Indian state.