Nyuntam Aay Yojana (NYAY) or minimum income guarantee scheme for poor people. CG will become the 1st state in India to implement key promise made by congress party in 2019 Lok Sabha election manifesto. Under this scheme, govt. will provide Rs. 72,000 per annum to poor people. The state govt. of Chhattisgarh is likely to launch a pilot project for the NYAY scheme. NYAY was the corner stone of the Congress party campaign with the slogan – Ab Hoga Nyay (now there will be justice). The election manifesto of CG govt. had the tag line – Abki Baar, Garibi par waar (This time, strike on poverty) while providing minimum income guarantee to the poor.
- The NYAY scheme eliminates the social evils in the society and helps the poor people with a better standard of living.
- The beneficiaries will receive the subsidy in their account at the fixed time frame by the government.
- Under this Scheme (CM NYAY Scheme) to give 72 thousand rupees (6,000 months) annually to the 20 per cent poor people of the state.
- With the implementation of this NYAYscheme, the State Government will offer financial assistance to the people belonging to the EWS of society.
- This scheme aims to promote health, education and economic empowerment of people who are living below the poverty line.