It is a Central Sector Scheme and is being implemented with the objective:
- To provide clean cooking fuel for kitchens, lighting and meeting other thermal and small power needs of farmers/dairy farmers /users including individual households and to improve organic manure system (not eliminate chemical fertilizer) based on bio-slurry from biogas plants in rural and semi-urban areas by setting up of small size biogas plants of 1 to 25 Cubic Metre capacity.
- To mitigate drudgery of women and time saving for them for other livelihood activities and reduce pressure on forests and accentuate social benefits;
- To improve sanitation in rural and semi-urban areas including linking sanitary toilets with cattle dung biogas plants;
- To provide biogas plant produced slurry (liquid / semi-solid or dried) as an organic enriched biomanure to help reduce use of chemical fertilizers such as urea, linking biogas slurry with enrichment
- units such as vermicomposting, Phosphate Rich Organic Manure (PROM) plants and other organic enrichment facilities as a source of value addition to bio gas plant slurry.
- To meet ‘lifeline energy’ needs for clean cooking as envisaged in “Integrated Energy Policy” of NITI Aayog (erstwhile Planning Commission).
- o To help in combating and reduction in causes of climate change by preventing emissions of Green House Gases ( GHGs) such as carbon dioxide.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-