- Dhamtari district hospital introduces e-services
- In a unique experiment, a government district hospital in Dhamtariin Chhattisgarh has introduced e-services by introducing Unique Health Identification (UHID) for the online appointments of the patients and uploading their case history on the district hospital’s portal.
- In the first phase, the software is uploading patient’s case history on the hospital’s portal and the feature of online appointment is inbuilt in the software, which will be introduced in coming months. The e-services are functional in OPD, IPD, blood bank and at billing counter.”
- It is a generic application, which addresses all major functional areas of a hospital and end-to-end solution software for hospital management which covers complete treatment cycle of OPD/IPD as well integrates clinical, administrative, billing and insurance activities.
- Iran and Iraq sign accord to boost military cooperation
- Iran and Iraq signed an agreement on Sunday to step up military cooperation and the fight against terrorism and extremism.
- Iran-Iraq ties have improved since Iran’s long-time enemy Saddam Hussein was toppled in 2003 and an Iraqi government led by Shia Muslims came to power. Iran is mostly a Shia nation.
- Tensions between Iran and the United States have heightened since the election of Mr. Trump, who has often accused Tehran of backing militant groups and destabilising the region.
- India to host 2017 Global Conference on Cyber Space.
- India will host Global Conference on Cyber Space(GCCS), the world’s largest conference on cyber space and related issues in New Delhi in November 2017.
- The theme for the GCCS 2017 is’Cyber4All: An Inclusive, Sustainable, Developmental, Safe and Secure Cyberspace’.
- This is for the first time GCCS is taking place outside Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) nations.
- It is a prestigious International Conference that aims at encouraging dialogue among stakeholders of cyberspace. It was incepted in 2011 in London.
- Government to launch Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana.
- The Union Ministry of Rural Development will launch Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY), a sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- AGEY aims to provide an alternative source of livelihood to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) by facilitating them to operate public transport services in backward rural areas. Key Features of AGEY AGEY will provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services like e-rickshaws, 3 and 4 wheeler motorised transport vehicles to connect remote villages.
- These transport vehicles will connect villages with key services and amenities including access to markets, education and health for the over all economic development of the area.
- India, Bangladesh signed agreement to connect both countries by waterways
- India and Bangladeshsigned an agreement to connect both the countries by waterways.
- The waterways will facilitate movement of passengers and goods between India’s northeast and West Bengal with Bangladesh.
- The Union Minister of State for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping Mansukh Mandaviya informed that infrastructure for the services would be set up along the major rivers in Bangladesh, West Bengal and the Brahmaputra in Assam.
- H S Prannoy wins US Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton title
- Indian Shuttler H S Prannoy won the 2017 Yonex US Open Grand PrixGold badminton tournament title.
- It was third Grand Prix Gold title of badminton.
- The 2017 US Open Grand Prix Gold was the eleventh Grand Prix’s badminton tournament of the 2017 Badminton World Federation (BWF) Grand Prix and the tournament.
- India lose to England by 9 runs in ICC Women’s World Cup final
- India lost to England by nine runs in the International Cricket Council(ICC) Women’s World Cup final at Lord’s in London.
- The country England got its fourth Women’s World Cup.
- Player of the Tournament: Tammy Beaumont.
- Player of the Match: Anya Shrubsole.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-