- Cm Lauds Wrd In Augmenting Irrigation Capacity
- Chief Minister Raman Singh has lauded the achievement of Water Resources Department in developing irrigation capacity for more than one lakh hectares area in Chhattisgarh within a year in the first phase of ‘Lakshya Bhagirathi Abhiyan.’
- The Chief Minister was addressing the programme organized on the successful completion of Abhiyan Lakshya Bhagirathi in year 2016-17.
- In the programme held at conference hall of new circuit house, Singh said “ under this campaign, every year one lakh hectare of irrigation capacity is to be expanded and by year 2028 i.e. within 11 years, irrigation capacity in entire state is to be expanded by nearly 32 lakh hectares. Keeping in view the success of first phase, it can be said that we will achieve our target for sure.
- The campaign achieved tremendous success right from its first year and it is the first time in the history of state that within one year 70 incomplete irrigation schemes were completed and 46 new irrigation schemes were implemented.
- Total irrigation capacity of Chhattisgarh which is 20 .52 lakh at present, will expand to 32 lakh hectare in next 11 years by year 2028.
· India among five countries responsible for 50% newborn deaths
- As per a report titled “Levels and Trends in Child Mortality 2017”, India along with Pakistan, Nigeria, Congo, and Ethiopia is responsible for half of all newborn deaths in the world.
- This report has been authored by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF),World Health Organization (WHO), World Bank Group and United Nations.
- President to inaugurate International Gita Mahotsav in Haryana
- President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the International Gita Mahotsav in Kurukshetra, Haryana, on November 25.
- He will also participate in Gita Yajna and Gita Poojan ceremonies at Brahma Sarovar.
- The mahotsav which will conclude on December 3 will have Mauritius as partner country and Uttar Pradesh as partner state.
- Kerala govt prohibits using ‘Dalit’, ‘Harijan’ in official communications
- The Kerala Information and Public Relations Department’s internal circular has directed to avoid usage of words “Dalit” and “Harijan” in its official communications.
- The order was issued based on the directive from Kerala State Commission for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Chairman Justice PN Vijayakumar.
- The department informed that the government has also banned the usage of word “Keezhalar” which was used to refer to scheduled communities.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi confirmed use of fertilizer & new techniques will help in doubling farmers’ income by 2022
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi confirmed that the farming community on the right use of fertilizers, advanced techniques, and cash-less transactions will help in doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- The cooperative also played an important role in the implementation of urea neem-coating programme rolled out by the government to curb black marketing of urea.
- GSTN Launches excel-based offline tool to file initial GSTR-3B Returns
- Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) launched an Excel-based offline tool for businesses to file initial GSTR- 3B returns.
- They stated that taxpayers can download the offline utility from the GSTN portal and after fill in the data the file can be uploaded on GST portal.
- After uploading of the return to the GST Portal, the taxpayer has to preview the form, complete formalities like submit, offset the liability and file their GSTR-3B Return using a digital signature or electronic verification code.
- Union Government to organise Global Ayurveda meet in Kochi
- The State government will organize a four days International seminar and Global Ayurveda meet in Kochi on February 2018.
- The main focus of this seminar will be showcasing Kerala’s achievements in health tourism, healthcare, and Ayurveda, she said after inaugurating the Ayurveda Day celebrations the other day.
- The festival is being organised by the Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action in association with the State government, Department of Ayurveda, yoga and naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Ayurvedic Medicine Manufacturers Organisations of India, Ayurveda Drug Manufacturers Association and Kerala State Indian Systems of Medicine of Medicine Self Financing Management Association, State Department of AYUSH, Department of Tourism and Department of Industry.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes