- Special canteen for labours in Chhattisgarh and Meals at just Rs.5
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh launched the ‘Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shram Anna Sahayata Yojna‘ under which nutritious meal will be provided to laborers at price of Rupees five.
- As many as 60 such food centers will be set up in 27 districts of the states which will provide food to nearly 60,000 laborers on a daily basis.
- The programme aims to reach 7000 laborers across27 districtsin Chhattisgarh.
- The government has also registered 21 lakh workers from the organized and the unorganized sectors.
· Saudi Arabia lifts ban on Internet Calling Apps like WhatsApp and Skype
- Saudi Arabia government introduced the ban of internet phone calls – known as Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) in 2013.
- Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince,Mohammed bin Salman lifted theban on voice calls on Skype, Whatsapp and other applications to make Saudi Arabia more attractive for business.
· Nigerian Zannah Mustapha wins UN High Commission for Refugees 2017 Award
- For Educating Boko Haram Victims, a Nigerian, Mr Zannah Mustapha, the Director, Future Prowess Islamic Foundation School, has won the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)2017 Nansen Refugees Award.
- Mr Mustapha will be presented with his award at ceremony in the Swiss city of Geneva on 2 October.
· International Day of Peace -21st September
- Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on 21 September. This day was established in 1981 by unanimousUnited Nations(UN) resolution.
- Theme for 2017 is “Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All.”
· China launches fastest bullet train in the World, running between Beijing and Shanghai
- China launches the world’s fastest bullet train ‘Fuxing’ between Beijing and Shanghai at 350 kms per hour, covering the 1,250-km-long distance in just 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- China has the world’s longest high-speed rail network of over 22,000 kilometres, about 60% per cent of the world’s total.
· Qatar Airways becomes the World’s First Airline to launch Double beds in Business Class
- Qatar Airways has put double beds in the business class sections of aeroplanes from London to Doha in Qatar.
- Such cabins, called Qsuites will be rolled out next in flights from Paris and New York.
· Liliane Bettencourt, Richest Woman in the World Dies at 94
- French businesswoman and heiress of cosmetics giant L’OrealLiliane Bettencourt, 94, has died.
In March 2017, Forbes ranked Bettencourt the world’s richest woman, putting her net worth at $39.5 billion.
· Rs. 5 lakh annual scholarship for Athletes under revamped Khelo India programme
- The Narendra Modi government will invest Rs 1,756 crorefor a period of three years for the revamping of ‘Khelo India’ scheme, which has been taken with twin goals: Sports For All and Sports For Excellence.
- Each athlete selected under this scheme will receive an annual scholarship worth Rs 5 lakh for 8 consecutive years.
- Some features of this programme:
A pan India scholarship which will sponsor at least 1000 athletes across India.
2. It will cover around 200 million children in the age group of 10-18 under a massive national physical fitness drive.
· Indias First indigenously built Scorpene submarine INS Kalvari delivered to Navy
- The first of the Scorpene class submarines,INS Kalvari, was delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).
- Kalvari is named after the dreaded Tiger Shark, a deadly deep sea predator of the Indian Ocean.
- Similarly, other Scorpene class submarines Khanderi and Karanj are undergoing trials and development.
· Kuldeep Yadav becomes First Indian spinner to take hat trick in ODIs
- Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav (22-year-old from Kanpur) became the first Indian spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australiaat Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- Yadav took the wickets of Matthew Wade, Ashton Agar and Pat Cummins in consecutive balls in his eighth over. This was the first ODI hat-trick by an Indian in over 26 years.
- He becomes the third Indian to achieve this feat, after Kapil Dev and Chetan Sharma.
- Yadav had also become the first Indian to take a hat-trick in the U-19 World Cup, achieving the feat against Scotland in 2014.
· Bollywood film Newton chosen as Indias official entry to Oscars 2018
- The Rajkummar Rao starrer black comedy bollywood film ‘Newton’ has been selected as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film categoryat Oscars 2018.
- Directed byAmit V Masurkar.
- The Film Federation Of India (FFI) confirmed this nomination
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes