Reasons are as follows:
- Low expenditure per GDP in the Higher education as compared to other countries.
- Low investment in Research and development sector by the Government and the private Industries.
- Lack of autonomy and excessive government regulation
- Curriculum are anachronistic in nature.
- Lack of diversity in terms of course offered.
- Limited investment from High Net worth Individuals
- Lack of infrastructure
- Institutes are seen as the Placement agencies. Quantum of placements decide the worth of the Institutes.