- All villages to have internet connectivity soon: raman
- The Chief Minister further also said that soon each village of the state will have internet connectivity and labourers under MNREGA, women agriculture labourer, college students, farmers and villagers will soon have smart phones in their hands.
- Singh unveiled 74 construction works worth Rs 74.94 crore at the public meeting of Balod district. This includes inauguration of 40 construction works worth Rs 25.57 crore and foundation laying of 34 construction works worth Rs 49.37 crore.
- On the occasion, Chief Minister distributed goods and cheques of financial aid to 1,70, 875 beneficiaries.
- He transferred paddy bonus amount of Rs 115.27 crore to bank accounts of 92,414 farmers of the district online.
- under Soochna Kranti Yojana, 55 lakh smart phones will be distributed in the entire State for free. Registration for the same has already started.
- The work of optical fiber laying in 3600-km at the cost of nearly Rs 3000 crore has already been started under Bharat Net project, for providing internet connectivity,
- 5th India CLMV Business Conclave held at Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- The Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India along with Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia organized the 5thIndia-CLMV Business Conclave in Phnom Penh on 21-22 May 2018.
- After four rounds of the Business Conclave in India, this initiative was brought by Department of Commerce of Government of India to Cambodia,for greater participation from the region.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is the institutional partner of the event.
- CLMV is a group of Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam and Lao PDR.
· India Stands 44th in Competitive Rankings, USA Tops: Report
- India rose one place to 44th this year in the global competitive rankings out of 63 countries that were ranked by the IMD World Competitiveness Center.
- India started from the 40th position in 2013 and dropped to the 44th rank in 2014.
- India’s rank remained at 44 in 2015 and jumped four places to 41 in 2016, dropping to 45 in 2017, and rising to 44 in 2018.
- In contrast, China bagged the 13th rank in 2018 as compared to the 18th rank in 2016.
The top 5 most competitive economies in the world are:
2. Hong Kong,
4. The Netherlands and
· India-Nepal Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN To Be Held In Uttarakhand
- Joint Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN-XIII between India and Nepal will be conducted at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- The exercise will comprise of nearly 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal Army who would be sharing their experiences gained during the conduct of various counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in the past.
- Exercise SURYA KIRAN is a biannual event which is conducted alternatively in Nepal and India.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct battalion level joint training with emphasis on counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
- Ministry of HRD launches ‘Samagra Siksha’ scheme
- The Union Minister for Human Resource Development,Shri Prakash Javadekar launched the ‘Samagra Shiksha’ – an integrated Scheme for school education extending support to States from pre-school to senior secondary levels for the first time in New Delhi.
- The Scheme is a paradigm shift in the conceptual design of school education by treating ‘school’ holistically as a continuum from pre-school, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary levels.
- He further said every school will get sports equipment under the SamagraShiksha, at the cost of Rs. 5000 for Primary, Rs. 10,000 for Upper Primary & up to Rs. 25,000 for SSC & HSC schools to inculcate & emphasize relevance of sports to realise the dream of “Khelega India Khilega India”.
- Shri Javadekar said Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) to be expanded from Class 6-8 to Class 6-12 with allocation of Rs. 4385.60 crores in 2018-19 & Rs. 4553.10 crores in 2019-20 to fulfil Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s commitment to Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
- Fifteenth Finance Commission constitutes a High Level Group
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has constituted a high level group consisting of eminent experts from across the country in Health Sector.
- Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS, New Delhi will be its Convenor.
- It will evaluate the existing regulatory framework in the Health sector and examine its strength and weaknesses for enabling a balanced yet faster expansion of the health sector keeping in view India’s demographic profile.
- Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017 presented to the INSV Tarini Team
- Hon’ble Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi presented the prestigious Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017 to the members of the INSV Tarini team in New Delhi.
- The Six-member all-women team comprising of Lt Commander Vartika Joshi,Lt Commander Pratibha Jamwal, Lt Commander Swathi Patarpalli ,Lt Aishwarya Bodapatti, Lt SH Vijaya Devi and Lt Payal Gupta have received the Puraskar from the Minister.
CGPCS Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for CGPCS Prelims and CGPCS Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by CGPCS Notes are as follows:-
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes