- Chhattisgarh ranks 13th in human trafficking, MP follows at 16th
- The annual publication of National Crime Records Bureau’s ‘Crime in India-2016’ report released by Union home minister Rajnath Singh puts Chhattisgarh on 13th position in human trafficking cases reported while Madhya Pradesh ranks 16th in the nation.
- Chhattisgarh contributing 0.84 % share with 68 cases reported in 2016 while the state ranks 12th when it comes to cases based on rate of cognizable crime.
- Subsequently, there were 51 cases reported from MP in 2016 contributing 0.63 % share.
- Madhya Pradesh had in all emerged as the third most unsecure state in terms of crime against children and fourth most unsafe state for kidnapping and abduction.
- The report shows that there were total 269 persons trafficked in Chhattisgarh including 60 males and 78 females below 18-years of age while those above 18-years were 77 males and 54 females.
- Uhuru Kenyatta sworn in as Kenyan president for second term
- Uhuru Kenyatta was sworn in as president of Kenya following two disputed polls and waves of deadly protests.
- The official results, published on 11 August, give Kenyatta 54.27 percent to Odinga’s 44.74 percent.
- A fresh election is held on 26 October after protest, with Kenyatta winning 98 percent of the vote as Odinga’s call for a boycott is held.
· Victoria becomes first Australian state to legalise euthanasia
- Victoria became the first Australian state to legalise assisted dying, or euthanasia, as lawmakers voted to allow terminally ill patients the right to request a lethal drug to end their lives from June 2019.
- The legislation was passed in Victoria after 100 hours of debate, making it the only place in Australia where the practice will be legal.
- The scheme will be accessible only to terminally ill patients over 18 living in Victoria with less than six months to live.
- That applying must be determined by multiple doctors to be suffering intolerable pain and be of sound mind
· Skill India partners with Airbnb to Upskill hospitality Entrepreneurs
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship’s implementationarm National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and the Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) signed a tripartite a MoU with Airbnb to provide hospitality skills training to hospitality micro-entrepreneurs in India.
- Through the partnership, the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Airbnb, NSDC and THSC will work together to create an accredited skill development module for hospitality entrepreneurs offering homestay facilities, unique accommodations and local experiences.
· West Bengal to get World Bank subsidy to buy 130 electric buses
- West Bengal State Transport Minister Suvendu Adhikarimentioned that the state government has negotiated with the World Bank to avail subsidy to buy 130 electric buses.
- World Bank has agreed to provide a subsidy of Rs seven lakh per bus.
- Out of the 130 electric buses, 100 would operate in Kolkata and the remaining 30 will operate in industrial towns of Durgapur and Asansol.
- Bus depots in these towns are equipped with charging batteries. The electric buses would run 150 km on a single charge.
· DAC approves procurement of new radio technology for Indian Navy
- The Union Defence Ministry approved procurement of 260 Software Defined Radios (SDR), naval communication sets for Indian Navy at cost of Rs. 49.
- The decision was taken at a meeting of Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- These 260 SDRs will be procured under the category of buy (India Designed Developed & Manufactured).
· Mirabai Chanu lifts 194 kgs to win gold medal at 2017 World Weightlifting Championships
- Mirabai Chanu became only the second Indian (after Karnam Malleswari) to win the gold medalat the World Weightlifting Championships in Anaheim, USA.
- After achieving the feat Chanu was left in tears as he went up to the podium to collect her medal.
- Since last year’s mediocre performance at the Rio Olympics Chanu put in a lot of effort in her game and is deservedly reaping the benefits.
· Odisha Chief Minister unveils logo and mascot of Hockey World Cup 2018
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaikunveiled the logo and mascot for the Hockey Men’s World Cup 2018 at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- He also launched the countdown timer for the international event scheduled to be held here from November 28 to December 16, 2018.
- He gave away cash awards worth Rs 76.75 lakh to 59 sportspersons from the state for their outstanding contributions in their respective sports.
- Hockey players Dipsan Tirkey, Amit Rohidas, Sunita Lakra, Deep Grace Ekka, Namita Toppo and Rashmita Minz were given a cash prize of Rs 7.5 lakh each.
- CGPCS Mains Tests and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims Exam - Test Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- CGPCS Detailed Complete Prelims Notes