- Chhattisgarh Government bans Bursting of Firecrackers in Six of its Cities
- The ChhattisgarhGovernment imposed a ban on the bursting of firecrackers in six of its cities, including the state capital Raipur, ahead of the wedding season from December 1st to January 31st.
- According to the statement issued by the State Environment Conservation Board, the decision has been taken to control the pollution, which increases during winters due to the direction of the wind.
- Besides Raipur, other cities, which have been banned from bursting firecrackers, include Bilaspur, Bhilai, Durg, Raigarh and Korba.
- France wins davis cup for 10th time
- Lucas Pouille ended a 16-year drought for France in the Davis Cup, winning the decisive match for the hosts to beat Belgium 3-2 in the final.
- Pouille’s lopsided 6-3, 6-1, 6-0 win over Steve Darcis in the second reverse singles gave France its 10th Davis Cup title, after a run of three losses in finals.
· Aung San Suu Kyi stripped of Freedom of Oxford Award
- Myanmar’s de facto leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been stripped of the Freedom of Oxford award over her “inaction”in handling the raging Rohingya refugee crisis and turning a “blind eye to violence” in the country that forced over 600,000 people to flee to Bangladesh.
- Oxford City Council in London voted unanimously to permanently remove the honour given to 72-year-old Suu Kyi in 1997.
- Snehlata appointed first woman Lok Sabha Secretary General
- Snehlata Shrivastava has been appointed as the new Secretary General of the Lok Sabha, a notification issued by the secretariat of the lower house said
- She will be the first woman secretary general of the Lok Sabha and will assume charge on December 1.
- Her tenure will end on November 30, 2018.
- She will take over a day after current incumbent Anup Mishra relinquishes charge.
- Rama Devi holds the distinction of the being the first woman secretary general of the Rajya Sabha.
- N. Sharma apointed Chairman of the National Anti-profiteering Authority
- In an immediate follow up action of last week’s Cabinet approval for creation of the posts of Chairman and Technical Members of the National Anti-profiteering Authority under GST, the Government has issued orders appointing senior IAS officer Shri B.N. Sharma, as the first Chairman of this apex Authority in the rank of Secretary to Government of India.
- Shri B.N. Sharma, an IAS officer of 1985 batch belonging to Rajasthan cadre, is currently posted as Additional Secretary in the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance.
- Shri B.N. Sharma has been closely associated with the formulation of GST and its implementation.
- 120 Beats Per Minute wins the Golden Peacock at IFFI 2017
- Morocco born French Director Robin Campillo’s drama film ‘ 120 BPM’ or ‘120 Beats Per Minute’ has won the coveted Golden Peacock Award at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which concluded in Goa on November 28.
- Chinese director Vivian Qu won the Best Director Award for her 2017 film ‘Angels Wear White’.
- The Best Actor (Male) Award goes to Nahuel Perez Biscaryat.
- The Best Actor (Female) goes to Parvathy T K.
- Mahesh Narayan also walks away with the Special Jury Award for his directorial debut ‘Take Off’.
The Indian Film Personality of the Year Award was presented to Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan
· Madhya Pradesh becomes 1st state to launch Panch Parmeshwar portal for digital gram panchayats
- Madhya Pradeshbecomes the first state in the country to adopt Panch Parmeshwar portal and app system for making panchayat’s functioning more transparent easy and reliable.
- It is the first state in the country to adopt this system in which all acts and dealings of the gram panchayats will be displayed on the public domain.
- It will prove to be a milestone to implement digital and cashless dealings in even far-flung villages under the Digital India Campaign of Government of India.
· Manipur welcomes SAUBHAGYA scheme to achieve electricity in every corner
- ‘SAUBHAGYA’ scheme introduced with an aim to transform the lives, especially poorest of the poor by providing power supply to every household of the country.
- Launching the scheme, Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy RK Singh revealed that Manipur has been doing well in terms of power generation because of new initiatives were taken by the government.
- Saubhagya is a scheme launched to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of the country at a cost of Rs 16,320 crore including Gross Budgetary Support (GBS) of Rs 12,320 crore from the Centre. Minister further is the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide electricity to every household of the country.