25.11.17 Chhattisgarh (CGPCS) Current Affairs
• Chhattisgarh to have tennis academy soon: Rama
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday announced that a tennis academy would be established in the State soon. Notably, a new BSP Tennis Complex was set up by Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) was dedicated to the sports fraternity and tennis enthusiasts by Chief Minister Raman Singh in February last year.
The Chief Minister on the occasion had also inaugurated the All India Inter State Men’s National Tennis Tournament hosted in the complex from February 16 to 21, 2016.
· China Successfully Launches Remote Sensing Satellites
- China successfully launched remote sensing satellites designed to conduct electromagnetic probes and other experiments.
- The satellites launched on board of Long March-2C rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwestern Sichuan province.
· WHO for first time releases guidelines on child sex abuse
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) for first time formulated clinical guidelines on responding to children and adolescents who have been sexually abused.
- The guidelines are grounded in human rights standards and ethical principles.
- They will assist frontline health care providers general practitioners, gynaecologists, nurses and others who may directly receive victim of sexual abuse or may identify sexual abuse during the course.
- Punjab govt to give Rs. 75,000 aid for SC, inter-caste marriages
- The Punjab government will give an assistance of Rs. 75,000 for marriages of couples belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) as well as the inter-caste marriages in the state.
- Under the new scheme the non-governmental organisations (NGOs), Trusts and other social welfare institutions arranging more than 10 marriages of SC and inter-caste couples will be given financial assistance to the tune of Rs 75,000 per couple.
- A sum of Rs. 60,000 would be given for purchasing household items such as utensils, furniture and gold and Rs 15,000 per couple to the organiser or concerned organisation as consolation prize
- Odisha to launch new irrigation scheme
- Odisha government has decided to launch a new scheme worth Rs 635 crore to provide irrigation facility to about 55,000 hectare of agricultural land across the state.
- The scheme, “Nabakrushna Choudhury Seccha Unnayan Yojana”, has been named after former chief minister and freedom fighter Nabakrushna Choudhury.
- The scheme would be implemented with an outlay of Rs 635 crore over a period of three years.
- Under the scheme, 46,296 hectare command area of 14 major and medium irrigations and 284 minor irrigation projects will be revived.
· Migratory Birds start Arriving in Chilika Lake
- After a long flight of thousands of miles, not often punctuated by breaks, lakhs of migratory birds have made their way to the Chilika Lake, Asia’s largest brackish water lagoon.
- The Major birdcongregations have been spotted in the wetlands of the Nalabana Bird Sanctuary inside Chilika and Mangalajodi, a major village on the banks of the lake.
· MHA Conducted Multi State Mega Mock Tsunami Exercise 2017
- The Indian Tsunami Early Warning Centre (ITEWC)based at Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) had conducted “Multi-State Mega Mock Exercise of Tsunami for East Coast of India”.
- The Participants in the drill included State Disaster Management Authorities of West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- The mock drill was conducted in collaboration with the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
· DANX-17: Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exercise concludes
- The Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exercise (DANX-2017) was conducted under the aegis of Andaman & Nicobar Command from 20 to 24 November 2017.
- The main objective of the five-day exercise was to practice and validate procedures and drills of all Command forces aimed at defending strategic Andaman and Nicobar Island.
- The purpose of the exercise was for adopting planning and precise execution of Command plans by forces in a synergistic manner.